No announcement yet.

Amazon.com total spend since 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I thought I spent a lot until I read this thread.

$8,567.91 since 2006. 272 orders.

39 orders just this year though. That's an order about ever 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post
      I love that lens. Great for portraits and bugs. Not my #1, but still.

Most used lens is probably my 50mm 1.2L. 16-35 f2.8L gets used a lot. 24-70 f2.8P not as much as I would have thought. Same as the 100-400. Maybe with a proper gimbal

My 16-35mm was on my camera for 2 months straight taking a lot of landscapes. I've since come to really appreciate my 35mm f/1.4. So sharp!!! It's currently my walk around.

Honestly though the 24-105mm isn't my favorite lens, but has the most use with my family. Focal length is just so versatile chasing the kids around.

Is the quality that much better on the 50mm 1.2 vs the nifty fifty 1.8? I know it most probably is, but the 1.8 is so dirt cheap! Maybe I should rent one. What do you primarily shoot on the 50 1.2? I also have the 85mm f1.8, is it worth adding to my collection?
      F80 ///M3 CS
      i3 REx LCI
      Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Originally posted by jmg View Post
        My 16-35mm was on my camera for 2 months straight taking a lot of landscapes. I've since come to really appreciate my 35mm f/1.4. So sharp!!! It's currently my walk around.

Honestly though the 24-105mm isn't my favorite lens, but has the most use with my family. Focal length is just so versatile chasing the kids around.

Is the quality that much better on the 50mm 1.2 vs the nifty fifty 1.8? I know it most probably is, but the 1.8 is so dirt cheap! Maybe I should rent one. What do you primarily shoot on the 50 1.2? I also have the 85mm f1.8, is it worth adding to my collection?
        I shoot most everything with the 50 1.2. I have a couple of 1.8s, and the 1.4. I have to say that I really hate the 1.8. Noisy and slow. The 1.4 is a pretty decent little lens actually. The 1.2 is heavy but shooting wide open give the best portraits. Great for capturing kids. I rarely take it off of 1.2.

The 24-105 is not my favorite at all. I have four bodies so that usually ends up on one that a friend is shooting with. They seem to like it.

I often think about the 35mm and 85mm 1.2. Haven't ever worked with either. Maybe I will grab a loaner at the next Canon event I shoot.

Seems people either love or hate the 50mm 1.2. My suggestion would be to try it. The sharpness of a centered subject with the dramatic bokeh surrounding them makes the images pretty special.
        sigpic
        Gun control means using both hands
        Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

I shoot most everything with the 50 1.2. I have a couple of 1.8s, and the 1.4. I have to say that I really hate the 1.8. Noisy and slow. The 1.4 is a pretty decent little lens actually. The 1.2 is heavy but shooting wide open give the best portraits. Great for capturing kids. I rarely take it off of 1.2.

The 24-105 is not my favorite at all. I have four bodies so that usually ends up on one that a friend is shooting with. They seem to like it.

I often think about the 35mm and 85mm 1.2. Haven't ever worked with either. Maybe I will grab a loaner at the next Canon event I shoot.

Seems people either love or hate the 50mm 1.2. My suggestion would be to try it. The sharpness of a centered subject with the dramatic bokeh surrounding them makes the images pretty special.
          Do you have a flickr or website? I'd love to see some of your 1.2 shots.
          F80 ///M3 CS
          i3 REx LCI
          Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Do you have a flickr or website? I'd love to see some of your 1.2 shots.
            I should load some onto behance.
            sigpic

Comment

beatport needs to add this feature lol

Comment

Not bad for me: $13,793 but I buy my cameras and lenses there.

Would love to have that money back though haha.
                - 98 M3 Cabrio
                Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                Instagram: @herbreal
                Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

These amounts are blowing my mind!

The only things I buy on amazon is backpacking gear, since sport chalet closed down and rei prices are a joke. I've spent 1k in 4 years.

Seems like photography is a really expensive hobby
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                    Not as bad as I thought. 327 orders since Jan '06. $11,670.00.
                    You do go through a lot of lube. Surprised the total is so low.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Seems like photography is a really expensive hobby
                      I didn't believe it when people told me. I thought I would keep it simple with 1 or 2 decent lenses. I said I didn't need L lenses. Yeah right.
                      F80 ///M3 CS
                      i3 REx LCI

Comment

I didn't believe it when people told me. I thought I would keep it simple with 1 or 2 decent lenses. I said I didn't need L lenses. Yeah right.
                        Heh, yeah. The bodies and lenses aren't the only things that add up. Lighting, Pelican cases, stands, tripods, it all adds up.

I still need to get some backdrop stands and backdrops, I would like some strobes, a good three axis gimbal and a large lightweight tripod. I have a large heavy and a compact lightweight. Getting the best of both worlds is expensive though.

Batteries, chargers, proper remote shutter releases, field monitors. It all adds up. But when I go out and have fun with it and see the images I get I realize how worth it it is.
                        sigpic

Comment

$1800, 52 items

Comment

Heh, yeah. The bodies and lenses aren't the only things that add up. Lighting, Pelican cases, stands, tripods, it all adds up.

I still need to get some backdrop stands and backdrops, I would like some strobes, a good three axis gimbal and a large lightweight tripod. I have a large heavy and a compact lightweight. Getting the best of both worlds is expensive though.

Batteries, chargers, proper remote shutter releases, field monitors. It all adds up. But when I go out and have fun with it and see the images I get I realize how worth it it is.
                            Truly does, I started with one sigma art lens and I ended up having half their art lens lineup. I have their 24, 35, 50, and 85. I want the 20 and the 135 in the future.

I have a 3 axis gimbal that I wanna sell since I don't shoot much videos as it is. It's the TurboAce Allsteady 6.
                            - 98 M3 Cabrio
                            Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                            Instagram: @herbreal
                            Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

$20,469.18 262 orders

moat o the last 3 years on granddaughter clothes/toys and books
                              Last edited by gwb72tii; 05-11-2017, 01:06 PM.
                              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

What a fantastic/terrible exercise...

Total Spend = $37,650.46
                                Total Orders = 826

But, the first 6 years was only 39 orders for $2,412 - ~ $400/year

Orders since 2012 were 787 for $35,239 - $7K/year.

What are the chances my wife is on Amazon right now...
                                1989 BMW 325is Coupe - Alpine White

Comment

Working...
                                X