1990 325is LS1 swap photo blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 325is LS1 swap photo blog

I completed this swap last year and I continue to make improvements and tinker with the car for fun. I thought it would be nice to share with the r3v community and perhaps help others with current/future swaps. I am copying some of the info from another BMW forum where I originally had a build thread.

A little bit about the powerplant:

LS1 5.7L V8

T56 6 speed transmission

Spec stage 3 clutch

MS3 Cam with supporting dual valve springs, titanium retainers, and push rods from texas speed. LS7 hydraulic lifters, stock crank, rods, pistons, and rockers. Stock 853 cylinder heads.

LS6 intake

Ported throttle body

-Nick

-Nick

Comment

Heck yeah. About time you made a build thread / I'm already done picture blog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Here's how to adapt an airbag column :D

Fabbed my own dual 3" exhaust
        -Nick

Comment

A view of the harness as I was finished making it. Fuse block and PCM rough install.

Installed a non airbag wheel.
          -Nick

Comment

Here are a few things I did this spring...

Wideband install and painted exhaust considering it's only mild steel.

Changed out diff from 3.25LSD to 4.10 LSD, refreshed the axle shafts.
            -Nick

Comment

Got rid of the R32 radiator and replaced it with a big ass griffin (best mod I've done yet).
              -Nick

Comment

Shadowlined

A video from last year first starts.
                This is "1999 BMW e30 LS1 swap exhaust" by Nick on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

This is "1990 BMW e30 LS1 swapped" by Nick on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

This is "1990 BMW e30 LS1 swap 0-100" by Nick on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

-Nick

Comment

That video from 0-100 was great I need to graduate college soon so I can start my swap.
                  First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by z28 View Post
                    That video from 0-100 was great I need to graduate college soon so I can start my swap.

I'll be getting another video soon with the 4.10 gears. It spins through 2nd and struggles to hold in 3rd :D

-Nick

Comment

Why did you go to a shorter gear? the 3.25 looked just about right for the speed and gear you are on.

Comment

Originally posted by z28 View Post
                        Why did you go to a shorter gear? the 3.25 looked just about right for the speed and gear you are on.

Because in 6th gear at 60mph the engine lugs at ~1,000 rpm. I also would rather have the torque boost from the 4.10.

-Nick

Comment

Are you going to add a second ear to the diff? Your car is badass, nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_08 View Post
                            Because in 6th gear at 60mph the engine lugs at ~1,000 rpm. I also would rather have the torque boost from the 4.10.

What size tire are you using? On a stock six speed 4th gen camaro the speed in six gear at 1000 rpm should be 45 mph. You must have a giant tire to be at 60 mph at 1000 rpm. Stock tires for those SS camaro's were 275/40R17 and the stock diff ratio is 3.42.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                              Are you going to add a second ear to the diff? Your car is badass, nice work.

Honestly, I will when the one ear breaks. I've never heard of it actually breaking. Although I see enough people on the forums adding the second ear...maybe there's a reason?Appreciate the comment!

-Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X