No announcement yet.

Goodbye to Holly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit man, I'm sorry to hear :( Glad you and your instructor are OK though!

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Real shame. Glad you're okay though. Looks like it did it's job of protecting you.
        1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
        1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
        bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Terrible to see man, from the looks of it you were making great progress with the car and your driving... Hope you're able to find a suitable replacement.

Please all you track kids out there pay attention to this thread, this kind of stuff can happen to anyone and having the right safety equipment can make ALL of the difference. Not much you could have/should have done differently there... Sure, you could have downshifted again or whatever, but like you said hitting sideways there without a containment seat would've been really ugly. Also, the heal of the boot is not the best place for that to happen, but at least it wasn't in 1. Were you wearing a HANS?

Will you have a chance to look into what happened or is the car gone? Did it feel like a loss of brake pressure or a broken component between pedal and master?
          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I hope you are ok and am very sorry this happened.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
              Terrible to see man, from the looks of it you were making great progress with the car and your driving... Hope you're able to find a suitable replacement.

Please all you track kids out there pay attention to this thread, this kind of stuff can happen to anyone and having the right safety equipment can make ALL of the difference. Not much you could have/should have done differently there... Sure, you could have downshifted again or whatever, but like you said hitting sideways there without a containment seat would've been really ugly. Also, the heal of the boot is not the best place for that to happen, but at least it wasn't in 1. Were you wearing a HANS?

Will you have a chance to look into what happened or is the car gone? Did it feel like a loss of brake pressure or a broken component between pedal and master?
              Thanks I appreciate it. Haven't had a chance to mess with the car a yet but I will in the coming weeks. From what I recall I remember having no pedal pressure but I think it came back up, it's foggy as you can imagine.

I did not have a hans device, but I will next time and that is for sure. I will also have door bars and full cage next time. My Helmet strap took a chunk out of my chin, not super painful but I did need 6 stitches. Where my clutch pedal was is completely buckled over. I sprained my ankle, but if I had not moved it I may have lost my foot. I was very lucky this time, this could have been much worse if it happened at turn one, or on the road driving home. To everyone out there, please make sure your safety equipment is up to par and get track insurance!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support.
              sigpic
              1991 318is S52
              1987 325i Vert
              1991 325i
              2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

So sorry for the loss but like others have mentioned I'm glad you're ok.

What was your braking setup? You mentioned an S52 swap so it had to be modified in some fashion. This is why I chose the iX setup on mine versus modifying parts
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

My recollection is that the Heel has an escape chute off to the left so you can go straight off, but I don't remember what's there to actually to stop you. T6 would also suck to find you have no brakes because there is very little runoff room there, and if you have a higher powered E30, you need to scrub off maybe 30 mph to point the car at the apex.

Originally posted by whysimon
                  WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Phew. Glad you are alright.
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

That car was way too nice to risk giving it the berries on a track
                      Boris - 89 E30 325i
                      84- E30 323i

Comment

This is tragic but not as tragic as it could be. Glad you are here to write about it, another E30 taking a hard hit and sacrificing its life for the owner....gotta love these cars!
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                        IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Im glad to see you made it out in one piece

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Incredibly sorry for you man. I know exactly how it feels to pour your blood, sweat, tears, and make many years of memories with your E30 and then suddenly one day - Bam. It's gone. It happened to my E30 about 8 months ago. I've since almost totally finished re-shelling (and more) my old car into an identical, clone shell but I still get shudders and whatnot.

I'm glad to read the positiveness in your words - that's something that it took me a couple of months to regain. I'll be sure to track your "part two" as well.

Best,
                            Sina

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Damn, you are lucky to have walked away. The car was pretty clean but replaceable. You really need to determine the cause to make sure nothing like this happens again. It would also benefit the community to know exactly what failed.
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

hey you made jalopnik today

Comment

Working...
                                X