No announcement yet.

Shift Lever and Short Shifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you guys only notice a reduction the the forward and back throw? not the side to side throw?

Comment

^^ 1 msg back, any input fellas...

Cheers
      Einige Autos dürfen nicht runter gehen... einfach weil sie so spezial sind. - Wenn man von BMW's der '70 und '80 Jahre redet.

Comment

I guess I still have quite a bit of "side to side" throw (Z4 3.0), but I kinda figured that wouldn't change much, I'm not changing the spacing of the gears in the transmission... Mine's still a bit notchy, but it's winter, and I haven't had a chance to change the manual transmission fluid. I noticed that when it's warm out, the shifting is a lot smoother. Just as a side not, my shift pattern is a bit farther to the right now. no biggie.
        Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by ///M-TRD3
          Then I saw the IE SSK that just came out on their site and it seems like a great kit for the price, weighted collar and all, HAS ANYONE HEARD ANY FEEDBACK ON IT OR BETTER YET HAVE IT OR TRIED IT?

I was wondering the same...I havent heard any feed back on it though. BMA is also now selling a "kit" ??
          sigpic
          Wastedincome420@yahoo.com

CURRENT STOCK LIST:
          00' e38 750iL HighLine=Highway Queen
          92' e30 318 vert=Aint going anywhere
          91' e34 535iM=Aint going anywhere
          91' e34 525iA=For parts
          92' e34 535iA=For parts

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse
            Interesting - not a bad price. What lever comes with? I didn't catch that.

I got a z4 3.0 lever to go in the cabby, and it came with the parts this kit did. Not a bad little deal. However, you've got to replace that other part if you want to rid yourself of all slop if I recall - that piece on the end of the selector rod that connects to the tranny...

PS - putting this shit in SUCKS. The lever is a breeze, but that bushing for the shifter arm - fuckin a. Best bet is to drop the tranny mount - if you can do it without interference from the exhaust - then you'll have a bit more room to work. I have freakishly small midget hands and even I have trouble.

The worst part is getting that part I mentioned above on and off - there's a nice hefty c-clip that keeps a metal dowel holding it on - youve got to pry the c-clip off, then push the dowel out. Getting it back in isn't terrible - but by then you'll have cursed your car more times than you would imagine ;)

Comment

If anyone orders it, when you are checking out in the special note box you put which lever you want. I think that you can get any lever on the first page of this thread but double check with Patrick, whom is a great help

Comment

I got the Z4 2.5l lever. I don't know which piece to replace. I have heard that to but is this the piece that UUC has a replacement for?

Comment

Are these it? This is the pic from UUC
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse
                    Are these it? This is the pic from UUC
                    No, but those are good to have as well. THey are the bushings for the shift carrier arm. The part I'm referring to is the piece on the end of the selector rod that connects to the tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
                      Interesting - not a bad price. What lever comes with? I didn't catch that.

I got a z4 3.0 lever to go in the cabby, and it came with the parts this kit did. Not a bad little deal. However, you've got to replace that other part if you want to rid yourself of all slop if I recall - that piece on the end of the selector rod that connects to the tranny...

PS - putting this shit in SUCKS. The lever is a breeze, but that bushing for the shifter arm - fuckin a. Best bet is to drop the tranny mount - if you can do it without interference from the exhaust - then you'll have a bit more room to work. I have freakishly small midget hands and even I have trouble.

The worst part is getting that part I mentioned above on and off - there's a nice hefty c-clip that keeps a metal dowel holding it on - youve got to pry the c-clip off, then push the dowel out. Getting it back in isn't terrible - but by then you'll have cursed your car more times than you would imagine ;)
                      shoot I don't have small or big hands for that matter but I can do the whole job (bushings and all) in less then 15min. I've done it a few times ;) BTW the bitch clip has nothing on me...<10seconds and its off
                      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer
                        shoot I don't have small or big hands for that matter but I can do the whole job (bushings and all) in less then 15min. I've done it a few times ;) BTW the bitch clip has nothing on me...<10seconds and its off
                        Now are you talking about changing over the shift lever, or the whole thing? I can get the circlip off the selector rod end that holds the shift lever, pop the shift lever out and replace it in less than 10 minutes. What I'm referring to is the other end - the shift carrier bushings, the selector rod going to the transmission. This is where space, and time, become your bitter enemies.

Comment

the pelican parts website has the best writeup with pictures that I have seen.
                          http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tech...t_Bushings.htm
                          bruce

Comment

Sweet jesus, the pics alone on teh PP website make it blindingly obvious.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Z3 levers....

It seems that the 1.9 lever(...148) is on backorder in most places. Also the 148 lever has been superceded to a 252 or 256....something like that. Has any1 confirmed the new p/n to be the exact same lever? Sometimes parts are modified slightly when they get new numbers........its usually insiginificant but I was just wondering. Does any1 know where a 1.9 lever is in stock and available now?..... I also had heard from a well respected supplier that the M3 e36 lever was equal to a 1.9 throw but a bit taller "in car"......any one?........tia!
                              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Working...
                              X