No announcement yet.

New member coming from the Dub world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have IX arches to fit but I'm still stuck with the existing metal arches. The lip on the inside of mine has been flattened back and the bump/hump also. I have a 205/50 here that I must get fitted to my 9" wheels and see how I like it.

Comment

So I guess its time for my quarterly update lol. Unfortunately I'm terrible at keeping up with updating build threads. Been slowly working away at disassembling the v8 in my garage in order to clean it up and seal it with all new gaskets. Got most of it taken apart, just need to get a solid understanding of the timing of it before I remove the heads. Gonna be deleting the AC while I'm at it as well since I never really use AC in my cars, just open the windows and enjoy the breeze.

A few pics of its stages of nakedness

Went down to the border this weekend to pick up a few parts for the swap. Thanks to the guys over at Garagistic, they basically make this swap a bolt in procedure by eliminating all the custom fab work that needs to be done. Highly doubt I would be taking on this swap if it wasn't for them!

So I now have all the pre-fabbed items for the swap. Much excite. I'm still debating with myself whether I want to assemble this engine as is and swap it in or build the M60B44 hybrid and do it all the first time around. Also still on the hunt for a 6 speed transmission for this beast.

So that will help me come summertime when I have the engine put back together and ready to put into the car. Until then, other priorities need to be taken care of. The suspension in the E30 is reaching the end of its life, so it was time for some comfort and some lows. Picked up a set of ground control coilovers that I will be installing shortly. Just need to pick up a bunch of bushings and replace them all at the same time. These coilovers look great and I know first hand that the ride quality on them is amazing. Cant wait for them to be in.

So with that, there will be a lot of work to do this spring with both the car and the engine. I know once the weather warms up i'll have much more motivation to spend my time in the garage. Also a little Xmas gift from the wife, which is another huge motivator to get this car finished in show quality style.
      Originally posted by 36brua
      Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
      Patryk:up:
      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
      08 VW .:R32
      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Awesome, great choice of the motor for the swap.
        1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Thanks! Been following your thread (along with many others) for quite some time now. So much inspiration going on in these forums!
          Originally posted by 36brua
          Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
          Patryk:up:
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Working...
          X