Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it okay to capitalize on the LGBT movement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it okay to capitalize on the LGBT movement?

My friend has an auto shop and I told him he should advertise hes LGBT friendly. He thinks for some reason its not too PC to do that. Like exploiting the natural doubt the LGBT community has in most people that they will be judged. But I said people will spend money where they feel they are comfortable, and he could care less if you're part of the LBGT community or not.
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

I think the whole lgbt thing is a lot more in the news in the states then here, in my opinion it's not that good of an idea. I don't like the whole labeling people thing.

Car wise/garage wise there are 2 kinds of people : the ones who have no clue about cars and the ones who do, just advertise as a good honest shop that won't overcharge and give good advice.
    Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
      and he could care less if you're part of the LBGT community or not.
      This.

Just stay out of it. Don't advertise anything that has to do with an ongoing social movement.

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
        he could care less if you're part of the LBGT community or not.
        *couldn't*

I live in San Diego with a big LGBT community that mainly live in a place called Hillcrest. Every business around that area either says LGBT friendly or hangs the flag. Pretty much after a couple mile radius outside of that community, none of those signs or flags exist.

It depends on where he is and who he thinks it would disenfranchise. Imo yes, it's taking advantage of the lgbt community. Do you have a sign saying, Germans welcome or Blacks welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
          *couldn't*

I live in San Diego with a big LGBT community that mainly live in a place called Hillcrest. Every business around that area either says LGBT friendly or hangs the flag. Pretty much after a couple mile radius outside of that community, none of those signs or flags exist.

It depends on where he is and who he thinks it would disenfranchise. Imo yes, it's taking advantage of the lgbt community. Do you have a sign saying, Germans welcome or Blacks welcome!
          Yea churches do it all the time to encourage "patrons"
          Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

perhaps a rainbow flag or rainbow sticker in the window would be enough advertisement with out too much advertisement. you are in masshole. i know thats a fairly liberal state and there is a big community out on the cape. however, there are still going to be people that are offended by this movement and will not patronize his establishment because of the advertisement.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Unless in the heart of the Castro in San Fran, make like the military and DONT ASK, DONT TELL. Treat everyone fairly and honestly with good product/service at a fair price, and keep customers happy so you dont need to cater to one community over another
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

If he was in P=town or NoHo then yeah otherwise doubt that's gonna help business. It's gonna come off sounding racist.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

He should get a sign that says:
                  All Makes and Models Welcome.
                  People too.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                    He should get a sign that says:
                    All Makes and Models Welcome.
                    People too.

Comment