No announcement yet.

Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i liek smoking et. but i dont go around dropping money for it. if i have some spare change, i go for it. if not, i could care less.
    My feedback:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
    @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Goshen? Do you know Jim O'Brien?

Comment

rings a bell. i prolly know people that know him. why?
        My feedback:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
        @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

We were stationed together in Paxtuxent River MD. Big family as I recall.

Comment

a bowl of some kind sounds pretty good right now... seems like it causes alot more problems being illegal. Legalize marijuana and ban alcohol. Shit, I don't know. It's not like anyone that wants it, can't get it.

Comment

For a very interesting documentary that pretty much explains why marijuana is illegal today watch The Union: The Business Behind Getting High.

You'd be surprised how many high ranking officials believe that the war on drugs is a waste and that marijuana should not be illegal.

edit: full movie can be found here http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ing+high&hl=en

Comment

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
                There's a huge thread about this over on Bimmerforums.

I seriously doubt it's going to get legalized, but I have nothing against it.
                I have never smoked a thing in my life. No cigarettes, no weed, no cigars, etc. I have my reasons and my friends have come to respect it. I don't care if they do, I just think it's a little immature, but it's their life so it's not right of me to impose my opinions on them

It basically comes down to this

The people who are for weed:

1. Older generation who views pot as a harmful drug that leads users down the wrong path and cannot be convinced otherwise

2. Younger generation who have never smoked pot in their life, and take it upon themselves to preach to people about the

3. People who have never smoked pot, but have the sense not to impose their opinion on others.

People for weed

1. Douches who do it to be cool

2. People who just started to smoke and now have every Bob Marley poster known to man in their room

3. People who smoke to enjoy it, but have the sense to keep it under control and not pressure others to do it

4. Stoners who smoke numerous times a day and are wasting their lives away
                That made absolutely NO sense.

I've never smoked and don't ever really want to. I've been around it enough in life to know it's not for me.

That being said, I think they should legalize it, tax the hell out of it and ban cigarettes.

Comment

Regardless of whether you think potheads or casual smokers are losers, there are two simple reason to make it legal.

It takes the money out of the hands of criminals and keeps tens of thousands of non-violent offenders out of jail, and also off the gov't payroll.

How much more money could be dedicated to public services if weren't spending $45k+ a year on non-violent offenders?
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

legalize it..
                    '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                    '91 SpecE30 #523
                    '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      Regardless of whether you think potheads or casual smokers are losers, there are two simple reason to make it legal.

It takes the money out of the hands of criminals and keeps tens of thousands of non-violent offenders out of jail, and also off the gov't payroll.

How much more money could be dedicated to public services if weren't spending $45k+ a year on non-violent offenders?
                      i don't smoke and never have, but these are the reasons why i think it should be legalized. just because it is legal doesn't mean everyone will be allowed to do it anywhere. for example, i don't think people should drive and smoke (smoke anything while driving, for that matter).
                      http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

Realistically, it's not going to be legalized.

These things sound great in theory. I just struggle to believe that American's would actually be able to control themselves if it were legalized. Kind of like lowering the drinking age. It would take a lot of time for society to adapt and behave like europe or amsterdam.

I don't smoke, and I don't have the desire to. I obviously am around plenty of people who do. I don't personally think it's a terrible thing, I just don't think legalizing it is realistic in America.

Sorry z31 seem to be coming after your posts today... not intentional.
                        Originally posted by z31maniac
                        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post

These things sound great in theory. I just struggle to believe that American's would actually be able to control themselves if it were legalized. Kind of like lowering the drinking age. It would take a lot of time for society to adapt and behave like europe or amsterdam.

I don't smoke, and I don't have the desire to. I obviously am around plenty of people who do. I don't personally think it's a terrible thing, I just don't think legalizing it is realistic in America.
                          you have a low opinion of america.. i think ppl will handle it fine. come to think of it the 21 age limit is dumb too. i started drinking when i was 14-15. i never became an alcoholic or developed a dependency.
                          '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                          '91 SpecE30 #523
                          '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post

Sorry z31 seem to be coming after your posts today... not intentional.
                            No problem mang, it's the internetz.

But based on your argument, alcohol shouldn't be legal either because people can't control themselves. Ever studied DOT reports on how many fatal crashes involve alcohol? On motorcycles, for instance (I did a story about this in college), it eclipses 50%. I don't know the numbers for vehicle fatalities involving alcohol, but I would assume it's disturbingly high.

As well as the myriad of health problems associated with chronic and even binge drinking. Nevermind the social impact of domestic abuse, broken families, lost jobs, homelessness, etc etc etc.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

i am for making it legal on the condition that if you are caught growing and selling non government approved pot there are serious conseqences.

make it like booze and tabacco, tax the crap out of it!

of course stoners will cry foul because they shoud be able to grow their own WEEEEEED DOOOOODE!

it is a non essential item in life, if you want to use it and it is legal, then you will have to pay.

i am not a straight edge, i have done more drugs then most people on this forum. i do drink a couple of time a week (2-3 nights) even then it is only a few drinks. i don't do drugs anymore at all (other than when i am recovering from surgeries), i was never addicted to any. i just don't feel the need to be out of control anymore, that is MY choice.
                              i do smoke sometimes when i drink.
                              when i do chose to do these things, i pay for them. (both tax and health eventually)

i think it should be the same way if you make pot legal
                              seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
                                Legalize it and get on with bigger issues this country faces.

Moderation is the key. Don't drink your liver into submission and don't go through life stoned.
                                Best quotes in this thread.

Like everyone else has already said, a little bud doesn't hurt anyone. I used to smoke a bunch when I was in high school and it didn't hinder my academic or work performance. I have given it up because I just got to the point where I don't enjoy smoking anymore... I'd just rather not. I see no reason to keep it illegal, but it really doesn't matter to me either way.

If we as a nation have alcohol legal, but taxed heavily (at least in my sate), I think we should have the exact same laws concerning marijuana. I guarantee there wouldn't be a significant increase in use, and the tax benefits would help the state. It would decrease crime also.

And I believe that it will be legalized but regulated heavily by many states in the not-so-distant future. It's borderline legal in California already.

Comment

Working...
                                X