Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kishg View Post
    you have a low opinion of america.. i think ppl will handle it fine. come to think of it the 21 age limit is dumb too. i started drinking when i was 14-15. i never became an alcoholic or developed a dependency.
    I just think that legalizing or lowering these things says to american youth, Hey our country thinks these things are okay for you to do. I think that message would almost tell people to start trying it. Therefore I think it would get out of hand.

There is no reason that people need to smoke. Just like there is no reason that someone needs to drink before they are 21. If you want to go ahead, but I don't think we should send the message out that you should be.
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      No problem mang, it's the internetz.

But based on your argument, alcohol shouldn't be legal either because people can't control themselves. Ever studied DOT reports on how many fatal crashes involve alcohol? On motorcycles, for instance (I did a story about this in college), it eclipses 50%. I don't know the numbers for vehicle fatalities involving alcohol, but I would assume it's disturbingly high.

As well as the myriad of health problems associated with chronic and even binge drinking. Nevermind the social impact of domestic abuse, broken families, lost jobs, homelessness, etc etc etc.
      Tis true. I know all about the problems associated with drinking. People are going to abuse marijuana or alcohol if they choose to. But opening up the door for even more people to do the same doesn't seem smart to me.
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
        I just think that legalizing or lowering these things says to american youth, Hey our country thinks these things are okay for you to do. I think that message would almost tell people to start trying it. Therefore I think it would get out of hand.

There is no reason that people need to smoke. Just like there is no reason that someone needs to drink before they are 21. If you want to go ahead, but I don't think we should send the message out that you should be.
        If there is no reason to need to smoke, there is no reason to need to drink regardless of age.

Being a PR major in college I did a persuasive speech on this particular subject. Go look up teen drug usage and first time users stats for Amsterdam vs the US, you'll be shocked. Unless they have changed significantly over the last 3-5 years, it was something on the order of TWICE the number of US teens had tried or are using pot vs Amsterdam teens.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Tis true. I know all about the problems associated with drinking. People are going to abuse marijuana or alcohol if they choose to. But opening up the door for even more people to do the same doesn't seem smart to me.
          Obviously the drug war is working, as did Prohibition.

We should continue down that path.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

http://www.cannabisculture.com/ Free Marc Emery!!!!!

All the marijuana info you need :)

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
              Youre missing option #3 on the poll:

"Yes, Marijuana should be legalized, because I am a fucking loser degenerate who has nothing else better going on in my life, so Id rather smoke weed".

(Now lets hear the "Its natural" and "God put it here" arguments)
              fuck you

Comment

There's no reason you need to drink period, there's no reason you need to watch TV, there's no reason you need to autocross your car, I don't see your point.

I'm pro legalization, I actually just found out my mom is too, there's really no reason not to, if you've never tried it yourself you really have no grounds to say it's dangerous, or that it would be bad for people to go out and try it, because you have no idea what you're talking about. If you have tried it and still think so, ok that's you're decision to make, but 99% of people against legalization have never tried it.

The fact of the matter is it's safer and less unhealthy than alcohol. In a nutshell this is basically true
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enough of my opinions on the matter though, I actually do think it will be legal in the next few years, it's just getting too much positive attention not to be. I still remember seeing people petition for it 10 years ago, and thinking "wow, what a dumbass, he actually thinks we're gonna legalize that?" But all the sudden it seems like we're slowly getting there.

And for the record I've only smoked 3 or 4 times in my life.

I could go on for a long time about this subject, but you've all heard it before, and everyone who is saying no is too close minded for there to be any point in me trying to explain it.
                sigpic

Comment

Prohibition only creates gangsters. There's still alot of money to be made illegally off selling budz ($100+ per day). You make it legal, tax it, and regulate it. Bye bye gangsters...

Comment

Medicinal.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      Obviously the drug war is working, as did Prohibition.

We should continue down that path.
                      Clearly I'm not up to par on my research. But I like these discussions b/c I take in information from those who know what they are talking about.

The deal with amsterdam vs america proves my point of what's socially acceptable. I think that American's would abuse it even more if it was legal. If it were legal people wouldn't all of a sudden say: "hey, this is legal so I don't want to do it anymore." There would just be a new wave of people open to trying it. I think the abuse problems would increase.

And alcohol I don't even know. I really don't have any answers. I simply think opening the doors to even more people would make our problem worse... not solve it. Seems illogical to me.
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

fuck, my arm...

Comment

Originally posted by cferb View Post
                          There's no reason you need to drink period, there's no reason you need to watch TV, there's no reason you need to autocross your car, I don't see your point.

I'm pro legalization, I actually just found out my mom is too, there's really no reason not to, if you've never tried it yourself you really have no grounds to say it's dangerous, or that it would be bad for people to go out and try it, because you have no idea what you're talking about. If you have tried it and still think so, ok that's you're decision to make, but 99% of people against legalization have never tried it.

The fact of the matter is it's safer and less unhealthy than alcohol. In a nutshell this is basically true
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enough of my opinions on the matter though, I actually do think it will be legal in the next few years, it's just getting too much positive attention not to be. I still remember seeing people petition for it 10 years ago, and thinking "wow, what a dumbass, he actually thinks we're gonna legalize that?" But all the sudden it seems like we're slowly getting there.

And for the record I've only smoked 3 or 4 times in my life.

I could go on for a long time about this subject, but you've all heard it before, and everyone who is saying no is too close minded for there to be any point in me trying to explain it.
                          Perhaps I'm closed minded. But the above listed things don't hurt a person or have negative affects. Like I said, I don't think marijuana is bad for a person to try. I just don't see the need to essentially tell people it'd be a good idea for them to go try it. You're right, I haven't smoked. But I've lived with many different kinds of smokers and seen potheads to casual smokers to those who will never try it.
                          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

by that logic, there's no reason you need to drive or join the army either.. yet we don't make ppl wait till they are 21 either. the problem in america is that kids are spoilt and molly coddled. parents need to be responsible for kids, not the state.
                            '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                            '91 SpecE30 #523
                            '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

So we see who the losers are... Yes, I will paint you all with one broad stroke. If you smoke pot, you are a loser. Hey Bro, go smoke some natural cocaine or heroine, god put that here too for you to consume, right brah? Losers.
                              Originally posted by blunt
                              i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

You guys should check this documentary out...

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High

Comment

Working...
                                X