No announcement yet.

Racing Dynamics m20 e30 headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing there aren't any of these available. Correct?

Comment

I believe several are still available...
      sigpic
      Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Comment

Yes, there's a few available.

Robert is handling sales, please contact him at (714) 398-8405
        or directly through his website http://www.e30motorwerks.com/index/

Thank you.
        Frank

p.s., thanks firemanory.

Comment

No sets are available at this time. These headers have no connector pipes for them and use a 'Euro' Style flange and will in no way bolt to your stock exhaust.

I am currently working with a leading exhaust manufacture to have connection pipes produced. What this will do is allow to simply cut your stock head pipes off, slip the connectors over your stock pipes and then bolt them up to the headers. You will still need to have the connectors welded or flanged to your stock pipes.

The collectors are 2.5" and your stock pipes are 1.75, so a pretty large difference. The connection pipes will be 2" so you can have a shop expand your stock pipe .25" and weld directly or use 2" flanges to your pipes. Having the connection pipes will make this a lot cleaner installation.

The final kit will come with the header set, connection pipes, new OEM gaskets, collecter flange bolts and 12 new copper nuts, so it will be a complete setup with no hassles.

There is also one small issue with the #5 pipe and the way it is bent upward, it will interfere with the stock stud so the pipe will have to be slightly dimpled to they can be bolted on properly. So this also needs to be completed on all 15 sets before any of these can be sold.

Final complete price will be $900. I expect these to be available early September which is only a few weeks away. When they are ready to ship and are in complete sets, I will start a new group buy.

CeramicX (Jet Hot) coating will be available upon request at an additional $225 and will take roughly 2 weeks process time. The headers are sandblasted, cleaned, coated and then hand polished to a Ceramic Chrome finish. This will be done by one of the top quality companies in the area.

Cliff Notes:
          Final pricing will be $900 for a complete kit with all hardware needed included. Final kits should be available early September. CeramicX coating available at $225 additional dollars with a 2 week lead time. I will create a new GB thread when they are ready. Shipping and handling is not included in the price.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

www.facebook.com/E30motorwerks

Comment

So.. these are $900 + $225 for coating if you decide + shipping & handling?

Comment

Robert, just spoke with John Mason and he's happy to fix them for us., please call him as he's got the tooling.
              It seems that John used to fix excatly that kind of problem way back on his racetrack days.
              cheerios,
              Frank

Comment

springs and bolts and a set of these from years ago....

Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post
                Hopefully the new production will match what the originals that nando and I posted.

The flange at the pipes to the cat is designed so that it mates to a flared end of pipe and the flanges bolt together with long bolts with springs on them. No gaskets except at the head. I like this concept, I hated getting gaskets for my IE headers.
                I have a set of pristine, unused, and never installed headers as pictured above from the old days. I was wondering about the appropriateness of the bolts and spring tensioners I saw on mine until this post. These were purchased by myself many years ago with intent to one day build a very special and customized M20 for my Z1.

I would like to sell the headers as I am unlikely to ever complete the project.

(Also have a Twin Turbo manifold for the M20 I'd like to sell)

Please PM me if you'd like to buy these, I'm in the west suburbs of Chicago.

(not trying to destroy the thread, if this offends anyone, I can and will remove it quickly, just ask via PM.)

TIA.
                sigpic
                Trying to make the world a better place, 6 TB at a time.
                http://abloriginalparts.com/

Comment

are they e30 or e34 chassis type ?

If e30 type, please pm as it would be of great help to compare, re-measure, etc.

please pm me.

mahalo,
                  Frank

Comment

Frank, what measurements are you looking for? I have my e30 headers sitting on the floor of my garage.

As far as the connection to the center pipes, the exhaust shop is supposed to slide the connector over the pipe and then flare the pipe so that it fits over the end of the header with the flange on the cat side sliding up to meet the spring loaded long bolt.

I have a cut off center section that is designed to work with these I you need pics or measurements. My exhaust guy said that he didn't need it as I didn't like the angle of the bend on it and that he would just flare a pipe and go with that.
                    sigpic
                    Gun control means using both hands
                    Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Re: Rd e30/e34

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                      are they e30 or e34 chassis type ?

If e30 type, please pm as it would be of great help to compare, re-measure, etc.

please pm me.

mahalo,
                      Frank
                      Honestly I don't know, and had not considered this. I've just googled this issue, found this website (likely known to you)

I have a sneaky suspicion the headers I have are E34 ones. Ironically, the Z1 has a pretty large engine bay, and BMW supposedly even put a V12 in there for testing purposes, so I suspect I would have been ok with E34 ones too...

I have a couple a decent photo on my iphone, I will see about sending it to anyone with great famiiarity to confirm which version I have. Sent to my in 2003, might just be one of the E34 ones that were referred to in the site mentioned.
                      Last edited by M3 euro ltw; 08-29-2012, 11:48 PM. Reason: additional information.
                      sigpic
                      Trying to make the world a better place, 6 TB at a time.
                      http://abloriginalparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post
                        Frank, what measurements are you looking for? I have my e30 headers sitting on the floor of my garage.
                        oh, i don't know. it would be just for comparesing, etc., just helpful to have. thanks for offering.

Originally posted by M3 euro ltw View Post
                        Honestly I don't know, and had not considered this. I've just googled this issue, found this website (likely known to you)

I have a sneaky suspicion the headers I have are E34 ones. Ironically, the Z1 has a pretty large engine bay, and BMW supposedly even put a V12 in there for testing purposes, so I suspect I would have been ok with E34 ones too...

I have a couple a decent photo on my iphone, I will see about sending it to anyone with great famiiarity to confirm which version I have. Sent to my in 2003, might just be one of the E34 ones that were referred to in the site mentioned.
                        Well, if they are e30 type please get back to me. there's a few pics of e30 one's on first few pages., maybe you can tell tem apart.

Your website looks pretty good ;)

Comment

I have seen pics and they look to be E34 ones. The rear bank collector comes out straight and is not turned down like the E30 ones.
                          My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
                          4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

liitle update... got them Tuesday, finally installed today. enjoy video ... http://youtu.be/xryf4kJQx_Y?hd=1

Last edited by fporro; 10-07-2012, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Are those itbs BMP Design?
                              Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

^ they are dbilas, bmp re-badge them for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X