No announcement yet.

FS: 1987 325is 5sp - CA clean turn key daily driver -New photos and price drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1987 325is 5sp - CA clean turn key daily driver -New photos and price drop

Hey all,
    Just got my e30 put back together after new paint and and so prepped to be my daily driver again but have decided to list for sale. It is a 1987 325is with 200K+ on it, 5sp with black leather interior. Engine actual mileage is unknown as it was pulled from a junk yard car without an odometer. However it burns less than a quart every 5k miles and it runs well and pulls strong - not a single mechanical issue at this time. Has been a CA car its whole life as far as I know.

The car is complete and setup as a daily driver for me hence the amount of work into it after paint and in the sound system. Passes smog with flying colors - had new cat installed when motor went in 15k ago. Car did a few auto-crosses two years ago but never raced on a big track.

Updates and changes to the car (in the order I can remember these things):
    -Fresh factory red paint (could use a final polish once paint is fully hardened after several weeks)
    -New after painting weather seals include front windshield, rear side quarter windows, front door top seals, sunroof seal (newer trunk seal installed about 8k ago)
    -After painting installed new various body clips and seals for trim, side moldings and trunk spoiler
    -TR Motorsports 15x8 wheels with 300 mile old Toyo R888 (very sticky)
    -Brand new front all weather OEM BMW rubber floor mats
    -Bilstein sport shocks with Eibach springs
    -Offset front a-arm lollipop poly bushings
    -Rear Ground Control poly shock mounts
    -Poly engine and trans mounts with rubber spacer for vibration
    -Bimmerworld short shifter and Sparco shift knob
    -NRG hub adapter, quick release, and steering wheel with red stitching and horn buttons (wired but currently disconnected horn buttons - can connect if need be).
    -1988+ style coolant system (upgraded coolant routing and reservoir moved away from exhaust manifold.
    -Replaced motor about 15k ago with a solid junk yard motor - installed new t-belt, water pump, rear main seal, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, all new coolant hoses, and accessory belts. Installed center support and such just before this.
    -Good brakes all round with stainless lines and ATE super blue fluid
    -Custom exhaust with Magnaflow muffler
    -AC system removed on the engine side (no compressor or lines etc)
    -Clutch and such are in good shape with no slip
    -All fluids changed to full synthetic including diff and trans and engine
    -Genuine Hella e-code smiley projects with 4300K HIDs (brand new about 5k ago with euro grills)
    -5k old Optima Red Top battery

Sound system fully installed and tuned:
    -JL Audio Slash 500/1 sub amp
    -JL Audio XD400/4v2 speaker amp (brand new)
    -JL Audio W6v2 10" sub in built to fit trunk box (takes up minimal space considering)
    -JL Audio 6.5" component front speakers (tweeters included with external crossovers)
    -MB Quart Premium 5.25" rear speakers installed in factory housings (tweeters included with external crossovers)
    -JVC Arsenal bluetooth etc head unit with all RCA outs to amps (don't recall model head unit at this time)
    -Sound deadening behind each speaker, rear quarters, and trunk
    -Brand new fuse blocks for each amp

No major issues but current minor issues are:
    -Trans tailshaft seeps slightly (not enough to have needed fluid in 15k)
    -Cam seal appears to be seeping too (not enough to notice fluid loss between oil changes)
    -Glove box is currently out of the car as front speakers need adjustment so as not to hit (will include in sale)
    -Hood release handle is out as front left speaker is in the way of the handle - cable and such are in tact so no issues in opening it with channel locks and will accept the handle installed without issue (will include release handle with sale along with good kick panel speaker covers)
    -Wheels have minor rash though will include 3 brand new wheels if desired
    -Trunk leaks in heavy rain or if washed with heavy water focus on the trunk edges (can't seem to get this to stop after much trying though is better with the new seal and latch adjustment)

Price dropped to $5300 as is OBO
    Car located in Oakland, CA but I work at Sonoma Raceway, Sonoma, CA so can potentially be picked up there. (car has never been tracked)

PM me with questions, reasonable serious offers, or to exchange phone numbers or email etc.

Would prefer to sell complete as is with the sound system.

Photos (will add more as I take them) https://plus.google.com/photos/10145...39468658552977:

Last edited by leurven; 12-31-2014, 12:38 PM. Reason: Update price and photos
    1987 325is

Bump for being a TFB car.

Comment

Price drop and more pictures added at the link.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...
      1987 325is

Comment

Price drop to $7000. This car needs nothing to become your clean daily driver.
        1987 325is

Comment

Price drop to $6500. Would like to see this gone before the New Year as having three cars where I live means dodging street sweeping. The car is incredible fun to drive.
          1987 325is

Comment

Price drop to $6000 - would like this gone soon.

Thanks,
            John
            1987 325is

Comment

John, please bring this car to work on Monday!! I'll be there dynoing my car and I could bring a friend who is looking for a clean E30
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Tough market out there but need this thing gone. Just replaced gumbo joint and had oil change.

Asking $5300 OBO.
                1987 325is

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  John, please bring this car to work on Monday!! I'll be there dynoing my car and I could bring a friend who is looking for a clean E30
                  Sorry I didn't bring it Monday - needed the wagon for transporting items. I can bring it next week if you're around?

JOhn
                  1987 325is

Comment

if still for sale please pm me

Comment

i would also like to know if this is still for sale..
                      Searching for my e30
                      WTB : 89-91 325is

Current : 08 Accord w/ SRI & Throttle Controller

Comment

Working...
                      X