Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: E30 325ix (anywhere near East Coast)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to buy an E30 325ix. My preference is a coupe with minimal rust. I have some cash set aside for this but am planning on working and restoring it slowly myself as my budget allows.

Would just love to start with something with minimal rust so I don't bite off more than I can chew immediately.

I'm located in Westchester County, just north of NYC but am willing to do some traveling for a decent example.

Thanks,
    Frank

do you have a budget range or expectation of what you'll pay. A lot of the nicer ix's come with at a premium
    1988 325iX - sold but not forgotten
    1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

I have a near mint ix in Utah. If interested PM me!
      The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

i have a mint red ix coupe, but its auto
        I am in NYC

Comment

Any specifics on what your looking for. Year, mileage, doors, transmission, color, interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

325ix

I'm flexible. I've always loved the E30s and am looking for a fun model to make my winter DD.

Given how scarce they are, I don't really care about mileage, year, color or transmission. As long as the basic maintenance (ie. timing belts, fluid changes, etc) have been done.

What I'm most concerned about is finding one that's not too rusty because that's what I'm least capable of doing well.

Price range?....I'd say anywhere up to $3-4K for a not too rusty example.

Am I being unreasonable?

Comment

325ix

damn....forgot about doors....my preference would be a coupe but would take a nice sedan too if it was available.

Comment

Found one!

Thanks everybody. Picked this up yesterday. :devil:

Click image for larger version

Name:	325ix.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	7176108

Comment

Thats the one from Lambertville- I was hot on your heels.

Comment

What the specs on the one you picked up?
                    Current:
                    13 Mitsubishi Evo X
                    91 BMW 325IX

Past:
                    86 BMW 325es
                    09 Subaru WRX

Comment

Specs

Haha. Thanks. I hope I didn't get myself in over my head with this. I just figured it'd be gone if I hesitated.

The specs? I guess as far as that goes, it's an automatic with 206,000 miles before odometer stopped working. It's got enough little things wrong with it to amuse my 15 year-old son and I as we try to get it looking good.

Best thing I can say is the rust was minimal. There's a little in the front fender. And a little in the left corner of the trunk.

It's registered and insured. I'm getting it checked out to make sure nothings about to blow up and then plan on doing the timing belt, fixing the suspension and then dealing with cosmetic issues slowly. Im hoping to have all the major mechanical issues done so I can make it my DD this winter.

Comment

Nice purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And its diamintschwartz

Comment

Working...
                          X