Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo project for sale or trade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo project for sale or trade!

****Link to pictures of rebuild: http://imgur.com/a/kusWG#45***
    ****Link to pictures from the summer, pre-disassembly http://imgur.com/Go0dFiy,EWkd4nX,IiE...okuF,y78KBEb#0

For sale is my 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo. The car has had a lot of work done to it during my ownership over the past year and a half. Presently, the car runs on a fully rebuilt motor with zero miles on it. The Guards Red paint is perfect and the body is 100% rust-free, rot-free, and completely absent of dents, dings and scratches. The cooling system does not work, as detailed below. I am selling it because I no longer have the time nor the funds to continue the project. I drove the car from January 2014 until October 2014 when the motor blew a head gasket and self destructed.

**5000 or best offer (so I can get back to BMWs) or possibly trade for right E30.

Located in Urbana IL

Issues first,

Cooling system: When the block was machined, the shop removed a plug in the block between the cooing system and the oil pan. They did not replace it or tell me the plug was removed. Only when I fully rebuilt the motor and hooked up the cooling system did I discover coolant runs into the oil pan without the motor running.

The interior is complete but currently removed; everything is there in good condition, including the seats, carpet etc.

The good,

The engine is fully rebuilt. The long block came from another 951; the original block was trashed when the head gasket blew. The block, cylinder head, pistons, crank etc. were all fully machined, cleaned, checked tested etc. I installed new crankshaft main bearings and rod bearings, check each bearing’s clearances with plastigauge and well within spec, see pictures for proof. All bearings were installed with engine assembly lubricant. The piston rings are new. Valve springs were replaced and valves were set within spec. All seals, front main, rear main, upper and lower balance shaft seals, water pump seal, oil pan gasket, dipstick tube seal, valve stem seals, head gasket, came tower gasket, EVERY bit of rubber is brand new in the engine. The water pump and oil pump are new. The timing belt, alternator belt, balance shaft belts are all new. All wear items on the motor are replaced. The engine runs, and runs well. I have videos proving the motor runs well and the rebuild was fully successful.

The turbo works, seals are good, no shaft play. The waste gate is shimmed.

The car has a limited slip differential, an option in 1986. The 5 speed works well, no grinding, no synchronizers noise or issues, the trans and differential are perfect. In July 2014 I put in a new clutch, pressure plate, seals bearings etc.

The body is perfect, Guards Red paint perfect, no dents, dings, scratches, or imperfections.

I am happy to answer any and all questions about the 951. PM me or text me at 917 539 6328. Bring a trailer!
Working...
X