No announcement yet.

Mass Shooting - Umpqua Community College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^no, but he was also killed by an armor piercing round. which is legal in the US. So why do we need armor piercing rounds again?
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

This has nothing to do with whether or not there is a need for more, or less guns, or who does, or doesn't have access to them.

It's almost a moot point at the rate that Americans are going out on killing sprees on other Americans.

That's a culture/society issue...sadly one that seems to be spearheaded/lead by the USA.
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
        ^no, but he was also killed by an armor piercing round. which is legal in the US. So why do we need armor piercing rounds again?
        To get Biggie.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
          This has nothing to do with whether or not there is a need for more, or less guns, or who does, or doesn't have access to them.

It's almost a moot point at the rate that Americans are going out on killing sprees on other Americans.

That's a culture/society issue...sadly one that seems to be spearheaded/lead by the USA.
          Our media loves this stuff. There is a problem there too.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

we need some more Katniss Everdeen in the world

world renown Harry Potter expert
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe if we didn't stigmatize mental health issues the way we do and would make programs where troubled people could be made comfortable enough to deal with these things before they culiminate into violence this wouldn't keep happening.

Buuuuuut, there's no easy money to be made from that so fuck it, society doesn't care. Further gun control is nothing more than a bandaid solution.

Good point on the media, they help perpetuate it, they want it and the advertising dollars that come along with a reason to turn on the news so they sensationalize it to fuck and back.
              sigpic
              1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Vincentbrick and marshallnoise excellent POV.
                North America as a whole (I'm including Canada here too) are so behind the times when it comes to mental health awareness.
                This doesn't excuse these events from happening but there us certainly a proportionate amount of validity.

You dont hear about this happening in many other countries...media is also perpetuated by different driven factors too...here in North America...these events become sensationalism.

Comment

Countdown till the release of shooters name and how it was "expected"

Comment

Countdown till the release of shooters name and how it was "expected"
                    The Media will dig up an old family photo from when he was 6 years old with a distant cloud in the shape of a swastika and an old neighbor's confederate flag hanging in the garage and immediately question his mental health and childhood influence. God forbid he killed or injured a black person because then he would also be racist.

Bring it on Media. Bring it on.
                    world renown Harry Potter expert
                    sigpic

Comment

Vincentbrick and marshallnoise excellent POV.
                      North America as a whole (I'm including Canada here too) are so behind the times when it comes to mental health awareness.
                      This doesn't excuse these events from happening but there us certainly a proportionate amount of validity.

You dont hear about this happening in many other countries...media is also perpetuated by different driven factors too...here in North America...these events become sensationalism.
                      Thanks man.

Part of the mental health issue is the same thought process that turns inmates into the victims. There will always be someone out there that says that prison is cruel and unusual punishment. Then advocate for them, then get them released early, and then they commit a crime again.

Well, we used to institutionalize the mentally ill in this country. Until one day, there was a movement that said that it was cruel and these people are just misunderstood. So we let them all out and stopped tracking them.

Its a two edged sword though because there are some that feel being a conservative is worthy of being institutionalized and guess what, they are in power.

Hence my final argument; I am responsible for me, so let me defend me and my small circle without restriction.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Wow take the gun debate to the politics and religion section losers.

From what I understand this dude was on 4chan and posted about it 1-2 days before it happened. And in 4chan fashion no one believe in him so queue the "do a flip waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles" comments.

1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

I think everyone is entitled to defend themselves. But I also think that if you carry a gun you should actually know how to use it and be very proficient. I've been on a competitive pistol shooting team for two years now, and I have been shooting since a very young age. I am very proficient, however, I don't feel threatened enough carry. But that's just me.

I also don't think that the mentally unstable should have access to guns. It's always a mentally unstable person who commits a mass shooting. A healthy person wouldn't feel the need to shoot up a school. But the way this society works you're labeled an "ableist" if you question their rights to be equal in all circumstances.

^"so long space robots" holy fuck that guy is/was crazy
                          Hank Ahrens
                          1984 Alpine Coupe
                          1978 911sc

Comment

It is very strange to me that the "mentally ill" almost always choose places where they know guns won't be.

Logic says that if guns are proliferated in gun free zones, these "mentally ill" folks will not go there anymore.

The "mentally ill" seem to recognize threats just fine.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I'm "mentally ill" by definition.
                              I suffer from general anxiety and major depressive disorder.
                              There's no fken way I'm shooting up anything.
                              These mentally ill folks are likely those of the schizophrenic/psychotic variety...and more often than not, go off their medication.

However there is always a variable that, somebody was simply being a monumental cowardly asshole.

Comment

Can we all agree that this guy was a cowardly asshole. Or crazy at least?
                                Hank Ahrens
                                1984 Alpine Coupe
                                1978 911sc

Comment

Working...
                                X