I got my Race tires for the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my Race tires for the season

I got 4 Kumho V700 victo racers and 6 BFG comp ta R-1s, now comes what to mount them too. I guess a set of 15x7 basketweaves.

Next will be tire pressures? Suggestions on base to start from?
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Ask Trent --- He ran (and may still run) V700s.

Comment

Thanks AJ oh I'll be home this up coming week. Bumps to you next week.

Comment

I dig em. MY neighbor ran em last year onhis E30M52, and my friend just bought a set for his E30M3. Quite sticky.

Having never driven on any other race tires though it does kind of make me biased, but compared to some nice street's i've driven on...i was impressed.
        My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

This season I'll be putting some all seasons thru its tread, I'm gonna wear these things down while autocrossing on some 14" bottlecaps. It's gonna be fun! :D
          - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Low Level E30
            I never ran the V700. I just can the standard Kuhmo Victoracer. My next set which I will be running in 2 weeks on an oval will be the Michilen Pilot Sport Cups. I can't WAIT to drive on those. :)

Comment

Originally posted by trent
              I never ran the V700. I just can the standard Kuhmo Victoracer. My next set which I will be running in 2 weeks on an oval will be the Michilen Pilot Sport Cups. I can't WAIT to drive on those. :)
              Ok - so I'm retarded :oops:

Comment

Which size did you run Trent? 205-50-15 or 225's both the BFG and the Kumho's I got are 205's I won't be doing all that many road course events this as I don't have a cage so it will be auto-x central.

Your engine is just a M50tu correct? What class did this put you in for BMWCCA?

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
                  Which size did you run Trent? 205-50-15 or 225's both the BFG and the Kumho's I got are 205's I won't be doing all that many road course events this as I don't have a cage so it will be auto-x central.

Your engine is just a M50tu correct? What class did this put you in for BMWCCA?
                  225/50/15. I do not run with BMWCCA and I won't ever. I just do time trialing with NASA / TCRA / Pantera club, etc...

You don't have to have a cage to do road course events!

Comment

Trent, make sure when you run on the Michelin's to get them HOT. They love to be tossed around, the hotter you get them, the more they stick. And they don't like to be run above 35psi (according to the Michelin tire rep.) Have fun!
                    -Ted

Comment

Working...
                    X