Turbo Build: MS3X vs. MSPnPgen2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Build: MS3X vs. MSPnPgen2

I'm getting ready to buy a Megasquirt unit for my turbo build this fall. The MS3X is tempting due to the lower cost and better functionality at the cost of additional work to get it up and running.

Here's what I'm interesting in doing and maybe some of the more knowledgeable MS folks can give me some idea if what I'm looking for is feasible with one or both of the units I'm looking at:
    • 300-350hp turbo build
    • Optional electronic WG control (I realize I may need to program this myself)
    • Dual Boost maps
    • Alternate boost map for 1st gear
    • GM ignition coils

Do I need the extra map resolution of the MS3X? Do people find the additional inputs/outputs on the expander board useful?

Do either of the units work (or can be made to work) with the factory gauges?

I would be very interested in the answer to this too.

Comment

the only gauge the DME runs is the tachometer, so yes it can run the existing gages.

actually, that's not entirely true - there's the MPG gage, but you can make that work with an external board from seattlecircuit.com.

It's not too hard to build an MS3x but it has a lot more components. If you are concerned with that but want the most capable hardware, consider the MS3pro.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
      X