Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWD perfection..
    Originally posted by csermonet47
    Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Whoa! My new inspiration for my ix. Sounds very cool. Nice discrete looking sti/evo killer. I'm also very interested in the 5 lug set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        5 lug swap for the ix; basically a cheaper/more available alternative to using 4x E30 M3 rear hubs.
        Not to mention that 1-series hubs are the narrowest that I could find. This is very inportant fact when front wheels transmit power to ground too. With too wide hubs (for example those e30 m3) torque steering becames a problem.

damnnnnnnnnnnn that's just awesome. 2 bar on stock head gasket with O ringed block? nice.
        Boost is nothing, but 800nm @ 4450rpm gives some idea of cylinder pressures. :) There's still lot's to improve. Exhaust manifold pressure rises quite rapidly after 2bar and IAT goes over 80'c so power output is not linear after that. Will be changing turbo to hx55 #25 and adding a water/meth injection. Then it should _easily_ go over 700hp with 2,5bar.

I'm in for this. Stop teasing us and get more details up. Pics as well. Wish you guys never separated from the continent.
        Hahha.. :D Thanks. What do you want to know ?

Comment

so sick! first time i've ever seen this done before. props! :up:

&&, i would fucking kill to drive that thing to a sti/evo meet, and do awd donuts infront of them and watch theyre jaw drop.

a+!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mw044 View Post
            Hahha.. :D Thanks. What do you want to know ?
            We want to know everything! From start to finish :)
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

ohhh myyy gaaawwwwddddd

Comment

Oh lawd.

I've always wanted to see an E30 do helis.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Mother of god....
                  I can only dream.

Comment

Originally posted by mw044 View Post
                    Exactly. I've so far blown 4 front diffs. Everytime those little spider gears explode into million pieces. Now I have reinforced unit. Otherwise drivetrain is pretty much original.
                    If you don't mind, how do you have it reinforced? I know there are many out there looking for this answer haha

Comment

Oh my god. The scandanavians need to tell me how they build motors so well.
                      [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                      Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

I must say.... I don't post often on here... but that is an epic e30

Sweet ride my friend. Will it require any strengthening of the transfer-case eventually? What kind of a beating can those withstand?
                        94' 6speed 383 LT1 Corvette 450rwhp 450rwtq
                        :!:91' Alpine 318is - under construction

Comment

nice and you a big "stick" in there

Comment

Holy mother of Bob

so so so want

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Thanks a lot everybody ! Nice to see that there are others than me that think this is quite funny piece of machinery. :D

About the front diff. I will release photos of the reinforcement at somepoint when I have enough experiences with this. I'm not very convinced at this point that it will last very long. The way that it is built now is "wrong". To do it right way, it would require machining of whole center part of the diff from solid piece. I will eventually do (or at least TRY to do) completely new center part with torsen LSD. It would help the behaviour too.. now the car is way too oversteery with WOT. Otherwise it understeers.. quite bad to drive fast.

Will it require any strengthening of the transfer-case eventually? What kind of a beating can those withstand?
                              This car is now driven over 400kkm (=~250kml?). It still has original transfer case. Today I took it off and inspected it (didn't take it apart). It's still in pretty much normal condition. Just a little more play in shaft that goes "through" the box and little more slack in the chain drive (FWD). I compared these to two other transfer cases that I have (from stock ix). I will still put the old unit back. I want to know when it will eventually break.. if at all. I would say that transfer case does not need strengthening.

Comment

WOW. senkin hullu!!!!!!!

This made my day. I have always wondered if there existed an iX that would stomp mud-holes in STIs and EVOs all day long, and now I am complete!!

Comment

Working...
                                X