Turbo spool/ no sound??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo spool/ no sound??

So at the risk of coming off sounding dumb I have a question for the community....can you hear your turbo m20 spool? My m20 has a build head with turbo cam.....OBX adapter with full 3 inch exhaust. Turbo is a s256 and a 44mm waste gate. The car makes 14psi and is making the boost.....RUNS GREAT......but except I cannot hear turbo sounds??
    Is in the adapter masking sounds or something else???
    Any input is appreciated.

Originally posted by Bme3092 View Post
    So at the risk of coming off sounding dumb I have a question for the community....can you hear your turbo m20 spool? My m20 has a build head with turbo cam.....OBX adapter with full 3 inch exhaust. Turbo is a s256 and a 44mm waste gate. The car makes 14psi and is making the boost.....RUNS GREAT......but except I cannot hear turbo sounds??

Is in the adapter masking sounds or something else???

Any input is appreciated.

I can only speak of my experience with my new M3. After I changed the air intake, I could hear the turbo spool real good.

Comment

All I have there is a filter. Right off the turbo....my big single 335i with a filter I can hear much spools :)

Comment

My wrx with a stock intake spools louder then my m20 with the bw s256

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

That's strange, I'm also running an S256 and my spool is fairly audible. Is your exhaust loud and drowning out the spooling sound?
          2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Take off the filter, drive with the hood popped - should be audible but I wouldn't worry much.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I enjoy the sound of the twin gates open more the spool up anyway so it don't bother me [emoji1]

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                Take off the filter, drive with the hood popped - should be audible but I wouldn't worry much.
                Just drive with no hood!

Comment

My exhaust is pretty tame....was more curious than anything. I mean who doesn't want turbo noise lol

Comment

Taco man mine sounds nothing like that!
                    Car almost sounds stock. That sounds amazing

Comment

You're not going to hear much with that hood sound deadening, seal, and headlight cover. From what I remember your exhaust is pretty quiet so you're not drowning the intake noise out.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 1-26

Comment

Varg the exhaust is pretty quiet.

Comment

Damn, TacoMan... that sounds sweet!
                          Estoguy
                          1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

I can definitely hear my S257 over my loud exhaust and solid bushing noises. The HX35 was significantly more audible, but still I don't think you should have any problem hearing any turbo.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                              I can definitely hear my S257 over my loud exhaust and solid bushing noises. The HX35 was significantly more audible, but still I don't think you should have any problem hearing any turbo.
                              How are to liking the s257? I was thinking about getting that one over the s256 but didn't for some reason.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
                              X