• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Is there a good e21 forum that the US e21 guys use? I need to start doing some major research.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
        do it. start again. find a clean car and do it.
        Yesyesyesyesyes

Btw, NorCal is hot.. I'm gonna miss my ice cold A/C in my e30 after she's gone :(

Comment

I want ac so badly for my car :rofl:

Comment

What are your thoughts on the e36M rack? It tempts me...especially (thanks matt) since I found out my rack is going poop and not the pump...

Comment

Originally posted by mcr_driver View Post
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=258589

What are your thoughts on the e36M rack? It tempts me...especially (thanks matt) since I found out my rack is going poop and not the pump...
              worth it. have the regular e36 rack in my car and i prefer it over the e30 factory rack 100:1
              '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
              '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
              Is that thing on air?

Comment

Contrary to popular belief, the M-Racks suck. Theyre 3.5 L2L progressive pull and have a lower max turn. Non M is 3.4 L2L; progressive, and have like 20mm more pull or so (which means a tighter turning angle)

Z3 is 2.7 L2L; linear pull, and have the tightest turning angle.

Z3 or go home in my books

Comment

That what I am leaning towards is a z3 rack, but saw that rack and was curious. I have been checking out rackdoctor.com and may settle on a z3 from there

Comment

Also debating on these since my tires are about done for...

MY CC won't like me nor my GF but my car will :rofl:

Comment

Like stated earlier, you will feel more of difference with the Z3 rack. The e36 is alright in the begining but after a while it's just normal.
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                        Contrary to popular belief, the M-Racks suck. Theyre 3.5 L2L progressive pull and have a lower max turn. Non M is 3.4 L2L; progressive, and have like 20mm more pull or so (which means a tighter turning angle)

Z3 is 2.7 L2L; linear pull, and have the tightest turning angle.

Z3 or go home in my books

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                        Steering Racks

92-98 E36 3.2 Turn to Lock Ratio Rack - Ebay - Tom's FAP - $125.00

92-98 E36 3.2 Turn to Lock Ratio Rack - Maval Rebuilt - $270.13

95 E36 M3 3.0 Turn to Lock Ratio Rack - Maval Rebuilt - $270.13

95-97 E36 Z3 1.9L 2.7 Turn to Lock Ratio Rack - Maval Rebuilt - $317.59
                        tomAYto tomAHto

but i dont know anything about the progression in either. and ive driven a few z3's and that lock to lock is a haven. id prefer it over the non-m but prefer the non-m to the e30 rack all day.

but theres some info since the rack in question is the m rack not the z rack
                        '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                        '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
                        Is that thing on air?

Comment

Originally posted by mcr_driver View Post
                          both need 20mm spacers

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                            both need 20mm spacers
                            The chikara's are +25 how aren't euroweaves, a 15x7, like a +27?

Comment

stop whoring yourself out mike!!!
                              1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                              1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                              1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                              guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                              Originally posted by ak-
                              Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Originally posted by ToPLeSS(e30)FeinD View Post
                                but i dont know anything about the progression in either. and ive driven a few z3's and that lock to lock is a haven. id prefer it over the non-m but prefer the non-m to the e30 rack all day.

but theres some info since the rack in question is the m rack not the z rack
                                I had some numbers wrong, but the general idea is the same

Here's a link to everything you would need to know about steering rack upgrades to an e30

The general consensus is that 95 e36 M3 racks were the best cause of the lowest L2L of the e36 racks, but it suffers from the lowest turning angle and caster stuff; thereby making it the worst because your performance suffers as appose to the other options. I've always concluded Z3 were hands down the best, period. But it all depends on what you're looking to do, but it helps to be clear and free of disinformation

Comment

Working...
                                X