Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When my car is driven and then I go somewhere and come to try to start it sometimes it just cranks and I'll either have to recant or it'll start on its own but very weak. This is random. Going to try the fuel pressure gauge I have.

Comment

Fuel pump ?
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Just ordered a tre external pump. Let's see how that pump holds up

Comment

Originally posted by ninety4e36 View Post
          I just got my AC fixed after 3+ years, idk how the fuck I did it but I actually enjoy driving the car again lol
          Yeah my freon is running out and I don't know what to do. The cheap fix is buy r12 (yes you can still get it) or spend some $ to have a shop convert to r134. What did you end up doing?
          //contact me for your marketing & design needs//

Comment

Still doing the timing belt job, been super busy and only have today off to try and finish it, 84 eta with two piece crankshaft hub. Got the first one off, how do i take the second one off? Can't seem to find any info on it. I probably need to go rent a holding tool huh.....

Comment

I think the only difference going to r134 is the fittings, no?

Comment

Originally posted by n1njai View Post
                Still doing the timing belt job, been super busy and only have today off to try and finish it, 84 eta with two piece crankshaft hub. Got the first one off, how do i take the second one off? Can't seem to find any info on it. I probably need to go rent a holding tool huh.....

It's taking you days to do this? Dang.
                What exactly are you stuck on? The crank pulleys are only held on by the 6 13mm head bolts. Usually some wiggling to get the larger one off.

Comment

I hope he's not trying to get the 300ft.lb bolt out.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                  Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

With airtools is no problem.
                    Even electric these days will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                      It's taking you days to do this? Dang.
                      What exactly are you stuck on? The crank pulleys are only held on by the 6 13mm head bolts. Usually some wiggling to get the larger one off.
                      Haha only taking me days because i only spend like an hour or two on the car before going to my other commitments in the household. I spent the rest of today to finish it. It's not hard at all, I'm just feeling too rushed and not looking at it all. Only issue is the stupid AC belt, not sure if the 84eta belt is different from any of the other years. Still using the original AC compressor from factory.

Comment

Anyone know what these are for or where they go? It came with the full GC kit.

Comment

I don't have experience with a GC kit but on another set of springs I've assembled, a similar-looking plastic part was placed at the bottom of the shaft of the piston (of the shock), and sat on top of the housing where the shaft entered the housing. The idea was for the bumpstop to not damage itself against the shock housing, instead being cushioned by this plastic when you bottom out.

Just my

This could be for something completely different.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Fixed my e30 with a tre fuel pump. Missed my e30 after driving a mini van to work.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                              Fixed my e30 with a tre fuel pump. Missed my e30 after driving a mini van to work.
                              The feels are real.

What's new with the f/i goals? Did you ditch the idea or still collecting parts and making plans?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                                The feels are real.

What's new with the f/i goals? Did you ditch the idea or still collecting parts and making plans?
                                I need another car for f/i.
                                The wants for f/I are there but sometimes I feel like selling it because of time and space.
                                I sometimes feel like paying someone to do it for me, but it's going to cost an arm and leg.

Ugh

Comment

Working...
                                X