• Show
Clear All

past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Ive used a couple TRE pumps and they are great
      95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
      Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
      LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

does this Airtex E2448 pump actually work for our application? From the pic it looks a bit like an in-tank pump.

Comment

It is an intake pump /

Comment

Originally posted by Shanes325 View Post
            It is an intake pump /
            What? You mean "in-tank pump"?

Comment

Nice find! Definitely sticky this!
              1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
              2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
              2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Originally posted by e30forlife View Post
                Searching online for a quick fix for my walbro 255 fuel pump since I thought it was acting up. Did a search online and found the Airtex e2448 is THE SAME THING as a walbro 255lph from Advance Auto Parts. It doesnt have good reviews but its made by Walbro (Made in the Us) and the flow rate is around 283lph...

Fuel Pump = $66.
                New fog lights = $20

40% off 80 dollar coupon.

Grand Total =$51.

Cheaper than the fuel pump itself!

Stay away from AirTex pump. I bought one because it was cheap...went out on me only after six months.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                  Stay away from AirTex pump. I bought one because it was cheap...went out on me only after six months.
                  If u read the whole thread that particular pump is not made by airtex only sold under their name, and I have had good luck with airtex pumps in a few s10's you can get a cheap high flow pump if unknown what applications to look for, for example I use gmc typhoon/ syclone pumps in my s10's because the turbocharged typhoon/syclone have 280lph pumps that fit in the same sending unit. Might even be the one in question I'll have to check

Edit: the Airtex e2448 (walbro 255lph) is listed as a replacement for 2000-2002 Ford Focus
                  Last edited by SmokeE30; 02-04-2013, 05:04 PM.
                  Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                  Bimmerbuddies LLC
                  717-388-1256
                  2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                  bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
                    If u read the whole thread that particular pump is not made by airtex only sold under their name, and I have had good luck with airtex pumps in a few s10's you can get a cheap high flow pump if unknown what applications to look for, for example I use gmc typhoon/ syclone pumps in my s10's because the turbocharged typhoon/syclone have 280lph pumps that fit in the same sending unit. Might even be the one in question I'll have to check

Edit: the Airtex e2448 (walbro 255lph) is listed as a replacement for 2000-2002 Ford Focus
                    Yes, I have read your whole thread...I just did not understand why Walbro would sell their pumps under AirTex name. They have nothing to gain! Airtex has not been known for making reliable pumps (I know you have had good lucks with your S10s). Maybe, AirTex has signed a deal with Walbro to improve their reputation.

Comment

I doubt it. Manufacturers often sell their items wholesale to other companies to be re branded. It happens with cars even. This isn't. A new thing.
                      It. Certainly isn't a conundrum to be figured out just how manufacturing works.
                      Originally Posted by ACMF74
                      i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

How come the 2 reviews for it on Advance's website give it 1 star and say it's a POS? Went out after 2 days? Well, hopefully you got a good one. :)
                        Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Maybe people that left those reviews suck at installing pumps or the reviews are not for the Part number in question and just for the brand itself
                          Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                          Bimmerbuddies LLC
                          717-388-1256
                          2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                          bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                            How come the 2 reviews for it on Advance's website give it 1 star and say it's a POS? Went out after 2 days? Well, hopefully you got a good one. :)
                            That's probably just a generic review for any Airtex fuel pump, not the Walbro one exclusively.

Comment

Bump.

I'm case there was any doubt...

Comment

I just picked one up, and it is a Walbro pump. I haven't been able to find any info on the flow rate of the pump though. Anyone have a link? I'm somewhat doubtful, only because it sounds to good to be true.

Comment

Working...
                                X