No announcement yet.

Crazy Find...Airtex e2448 same as Walbro 255lph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't get the infatuation with this pump. it's really not that great..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Decent, relatively cheap, and readily available?

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        You don't get how people can be unnecessarily infatuated with a brand name?

That being said, I bought one because it's cheap and flows a good amount for whatever project it may go in.
        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          Airtex or Walbro?

Walbro makes a good pump, has helped make a lot of hp on a lot of quality builds.
          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
            You don't get how people can be unnecessarily infatuated with a brand name?
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I work at advance and I can confirm

Comment

To me it was getting something for much less than you'd pay normally if you buy it with the Walbro box. That and I needed a new fuel pump! :D

Comment

Got the flow rates

Free flow rate 55-75 Gph
                  pressure range 85-110 psi

-NICK

Comment

I was looking on their website and couldn't find this fuel pump anymore. Is this a thing of the past now?
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                      Got the flow rates

Free flow rate 55-75 Gph
                      pressure range 85-110 psi
                      If these specs are right then that's about the same specs for a Walbro 255lph pump.

High performance Walbro fuel pump sales and more by Auto Performance Engineering. Since 1997, APE has been THE place to find a Walbro fuel pump!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                        I was looking on their website and couldn't find this fuel pump anymore. Is this a thing of the past now?
                        There is one on the shelf here at my autozone. Pretty readily available. That's how I pulled the flow specs.

-NICK

Comment

I was trying to get it off Advance Auto parts, so I could use that coupon and snag a few other things.
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            Nope. Got one Monday.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              http://www.treperformance.com/FuelPu...FuelPumps.html

Or if you don't trust that pump these are supposed to be good.

Pretty sure that's what I'm running in my car now. There are some issues to be worked out as of yet, but fuel is not one of them.

FWIW, a friend of mine gave me the pump. It was in a blank cardboard box, but the contents looked exactly like what is above. He said it was a walboro 255 knock off. That said, he is running the same pump in his 500hp or so 2jz Miata without issue.
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I got this pump and it is a Walbro...however, it's pick up filter is too high which will lead to fuel starvation while still having fuel in the tank. I believe it's application is for a Ford Focus. The offer from Advance is good but if you just want the pump you would be better off getting a Walbro or TRE pump designed for the E30 for about the same price.
                                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                                X