'91 318is in MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'91 318is in MA

'91 318is. This was a fun lightweight daily driver/track day project I picked up 4 years ago and have had a blast with since. Was my daily driver up until last year. Exceptionally well maintained and serviced car by myself. Does need a few things though. Price is $3800. Here are the essentials:

Engine:
    -Essentially as stripped down and basic as I could get it
    -~80k on M42 engine.
    -Engine is FUN. Wonderful response and power. It is addicting. If you drive it, you will love it.
    -I am obsessive about its maintenance. The only seal (and I mean ONLY seal) that is not new on this motor is the upper oil pan gasket.
    -compression is perfect as of last month at 185,187,185,184 psi
    -Cam timing has been adjusted and fine tuned by yours truly. I would say it is perfect for performance. Has a nice lope at idle. No detriment to driveability
    -Electric fans wired to toggle switch on dashboard. I like control of fan being on/off. Especially at track days
    -Genuine Dinan Chip
    -Coil over Plug kit using e46 coils
    -All unessential ancillaries have been removed for max throttle response.
    -High flow canister air filter
    -Power steering, A/C, and ABS have been removed for weight
    -Still has dual mass flywheel with stock clutch in good shape. Surprises me how quick the car is even with that lunky flywheel. Upgrading to single mass will make this car unreal
    -Exhaust consists of summit racing hi-flow cat and glasspack finished by an obx rear DTM style muffler. I think it sounds fantastic.

Gearbox and diff:
    -Stock. Excellent condition. Fresh, correct oil
    -Carr Industries short shifter. Very tight. Best shifter available for e30 IMO. Throw is 1-2 inches max. It is fun
    -Has LSD 4.10 small case diff, but the limited slip clutch discs have been shot since I bought it.
    -New axles a year ago
    -F&R wheel bearings are less than 1 year old

Suspension
    -H&R race springs
    -Polyurethane bushings all around including m3 adjustable front control arm bushings adjusted for max caster. Only think not poly are F&R sway bar bushings, guibo, and diff mount which are all stock.
    -factory sway bars
    -Tokico HD shocks in front (4 years of Boston roads have destroyed these. You will want to replace). These shocks performed exceptionally when they were good. If I get around to replacing them, I will use Tokico again. Shot Billie sports in rear
    -16" XXR aluminum wheels. Very light and like the semi classic minilite style. I think the fronts are 7" wide and rears are 8" wide
    -Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tires all around with decent tread

Brakes:
    -Drilled slotted rotors in excellent shape
    -factory pads which should be replaced soon
    -stainless steel braided lines. (I have only installed 2 of 6 so far)
    -All calipers have been replaced in the last year and are excellent

Interior:
    -Megan Racing adjustable seats. SUPER comfortable, very very light, and hold well
    -Interior was essentially stripped bare, as it was gross, heavy, and worn. Only things left are dash (which has cracks), door panels and rear parcel shelf.
    -Eclipse CD head unit. Works nicely. I never cared about stereo systems, just wanted something
    -Gauge rings. Whoopdeedoo

Exterior:
    -Very straight body especially down the sides. A handful of very small dings on roof, trunk, and hood. Never bothered me. Original Alpine white II paint. Front drivers side fender is alpine white I. Was like that when bought. Never in an accident.
    -Brand spankin new windshield
    -Flared arches
    -Nice straight front valance.
    -Used to have a DTMFiberWerks front lip and splitter which made a remarkable difference to handling and high speed stuff. So much so that I never felt the need to upgrade the sway bars. Unfortunately that front lip and splitter were ripped off by the snow one year. My bad
    -No brand rear spoiler that is unpainted
    -Rear tow hook was ripped off by a tow truck driver
    -Plastic trim of rear bumper is a bit smooshed when I back into a pile of firewood at 1/2mph
    -Passenger side taillight is missing a little piece of lens

Clear title in my name. current registration and inspection

WHAT IT NEEDS:
    1. Shocks
    2. Brake pads
    3. has a 3 amp draw not associated to any fused circuits (alternator?)
    4. Needs passenger taillight lens
    5. Deserves to have another DTMFiberWerks front lip and splitter as it looked fantastic
    6. Rear bumper plastic trim

Otherwise this has been a very very reliable and fun car. I have a little write up of its history in my ownership on my website here if you want to check it out:

Reasonable offers will be considered. The only trade I will accept is for a gc8 impreza rs

You have question? you ask. ok? ok. PM me for quickest response. I live in Boston but the car is currently in Middleton, MA in my warehouse nice and safe and sound. So we'll have to coordinate if you want to come see it

bump. no offers?

Comment

Pm sent!

Comment

bump

Comment

I hope this is still around when I sell my E46

Comment

bump

Comment

budump

Comment

budumpadump

Comment

Pmed. Very interested

Comment

bumpawubadub

Comment

hmmm i do have a v1 sti swapped gf8 aka gc8 wagon.....but id doubt you'd want to put money on top....

Comment

I would be.....but i really dont like the wagons. Thanks anyway

Originally posted by disturbedfan121 View Post
                        hmmm i do have a v1 sti swapped gf8 aka gc8 wagon.....but id doubt you'd want to put money on top....

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by woof132 View Post
                            I would be.....but i really dont like the wagons. Thanks anyway
                            booooo wagons ftw lol

does this change your mind? lol

Comment

ok smart guy :). show me what you got. what kind of a deal did you have in mind? convince me

Originally posted by disturbedfan121 View Post
                              booooo wagons ftw lol

does this change your mind? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X