Valence interchangability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valence interchangability

I have an 86 eta with a bent up valence and want to know which valences fit without any major modification.
    I did search but didn't find much useful information.

All of the metal-bumer valences will fit. I think there were 2 main designs: the ones with foglight holes that were used on most of the early M10 318i's and one that is flat with no holes and is very short that was used on non-sport 325e's. The 325es and 325is before 1988 both had covers mounted over the valence with brake ducts and fog holes in it.

I actually have an early valence and lip in my basement. It is delphin gray and has some surface rust, but it isn't bent and is very solid. Looks like the one below, and I think it is the same color. If you are interested, PM me, but it would not be cheap to ship to CA.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

any e30 valence with fit any e30. i have a facelift valence on my early model vert.

Comment

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
        any e30 valence with fit any e30. i have a facelift valence on my early model vert.
        This is what I thought and was hoping to hear. I'm hoping I can find a decent one at the junkyard and not have to deal with shipping (thank you for the offer gearhead!)
        Just for clarity it is a direct bolt on? No cut and paste?
        Hopefully the jy will have a decent one at a decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
          All of the metal-bumer valences will fit. I think there were 2 main designs: the ones with foglight holes that were used on most of the early M10 318i's and one that is flat with no holes and is very short that was used on non-sport 325e's. The 325es and 325is before 1988 both had covers mounted over the valence with brake ducts and fog holes in it.

I actually have an early valence and lip in my basement. It is delphin gray and has some surface rust, but it isn't bent and is very solid. Looks like the one below, and I think it is the same color. If you are interested, PM me, but it would not be cheap to ship to CA.

You have that exact valance with fog light holes?

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Yup, sure do. Have that lip as well. Don't have the blanks, though.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

JW...what is the "facelift valence" ? lookin for a ne valence since my run in with a raccon a few months ago, but all i can find are ones similar to gearheade30's picture. can u give me the down low? is it just a different year > 1988??

Comment

Originally posted by RIDEOUTBOY View Post
                JW...what is the "facelift valence" ? lookin for a ne valence since my run in with a raccon a few months ago, but all i can find are ones similar to gearheade30's picture. can u give me the down low? is it just a different year > 1988??

"Facelift" in E30 terms means cars with plastic bumpers ........but here in the US all model year 88 and later have the facelift valance even though the earlier production 88's still had metal bumpers .

Basically any E30 valance will bolt onto the front .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

thanks teaguer. i had kinda heard 2 different things and wasnt sure what was up. gotta try and make this happen soon. what about the tow hooks, will they play a role with the 88+ models?

Comment

Thats actually a good question .

Just smack them down with a hammer to bend them out of the way .
                    If and when you go to plastic bumpers there is a provision for a tow hook in the bumper shock

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Working...
                    X