iggee seat covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iggee seat covers

I received these as a Birthday gift. I have a hard time justifying spending big bucks for interior reuhpolstery when the engine bay could be eating that money, and I'm not a big fan of cheap gaudy race seats in what is, for the most part, a daily driver.

The kit that I got came off of ebay. It was $179. It came with two front sport seat covers, two headrest covers and two free seatbelt pads.

The install
    Was relatively simple. It's pretty self explanatory. I took the seats out of the car to clean/vacuum/de-stain my carpet, so I figured it was a good time to install them. You will need to take the seats out to install them tightly. It would be impossible to run the straps without the seat out of the car.

There are a dozen securing straps that you connect around with the included S hooks. No instructions on what is the best way to do this. Here's what I did:

Two I hooked to the actual seat foam/framing, the rest I hooked around however I felt would fit tightest.

The headrests just slip on. I didn't take any pictures, but for the headrest holes you simply cut a small slit into the top of the seat cover once it's installed. It doesn't need to be big at all. Once you have a small slit you just push the headrest in.

The Results

We'll start with the bad.
    My Complaints
    These are small issues I ran into.

1) Their gray is significantly lighter than the factory gray.

They did not ever claim to match the OEM interior color. I chose gray because my interior is gray. I could tell the color on my monitor was a little lighter than my interior, but I wasn't really too concerned. This is a minor issue for me. I am unsure on how other colors match the factory colors.

2) They use the same pattern for the drivers and passenger seat.
    This is a problem for two reasons.
    ---1) The drivers seat only has one handle instead of the passenger's two. This means the driver's side has a handle hole where there is no handle.

---2) The adjustment levers stop the seat cover from fitting perfectly. If they had separate patterns for each side, they could change the seat covers so they take into account those levers.

3) They put the tag on the seat covers. I cut this off, but it's still slightly visible. You can see it in an above picture (the empty driver's seat hole).

The Good
    I love these seat covers. Aside from the issues above, they fit good and I am not embarrassed to have people get into my car anymore. For the money, they can't be beat. I don't slide around like I did with the previous "Elegant" autozone seat cover. Also, you get handy map pockets.

Here are a ton more pictures:

There is a group buy going on right now for these. Check the Group Buy section. These are nowhere close to show worthy, but I think (especially for $140 shipped) that these are a great deal and really a great interior upgrade for those of you on a budget. Which is probably 90% of r3v.

'88 325is
    VP UT of Austin Autoholics
    BMWCCA 380364

Great write up! I am glad you are satisfied with them!
    Not to high jack the thread but here is the Group Buy link.
    Iggee Seat Covers!

Comment

Thanks for the great review and Write up. For that price, You can't really complaint. about the fit. It looks alright

But I will save up more for the real deal.

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks for the detailed pictures and write up. That answered some questions I had.

Comment

nice writeup and pics.
          Continuous For Sale Thread
          323i s50

Comment

Great write up and pics.

I think I will be going with the Charcoal now instead of the grey for my Red/Grey 325.

Comment

nice, makes me want to buy a set
              Benji

'90 M50 + M3 Tranny e30 - SOLD
              '99 528iT (M5 Rep bumper) - SOLD
              '03 ML350 - For Sale

BIMMERLESS at the moment. :???:

Comment

I purchased the whole set front and back for my cabrio several years ago and was pleased for what i got compared to what i had . I went with two tone black with tan inserts. Understand that my rear seat was completely gone down to the foam. Overall worth the investment , however IF you can get lucky enough to buy the real deal do it . Do a search
                and i think you'll find my pictures from a few years back .
                :pimp:

Comment

Wow, I was just about to make a post asking about these! Great post! Anwsered my questions before I had the chance to ask them!
                  West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
                  ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

I've had a set in my coupe for a little over a year now and I'm very happy with them. It cost me roughly 1/10th the price to get Iggee seat covers in the coupe compared to what it cost for a real upholstery job in the 'vert. Very good value for money, and most people that have ridden in my car never knew they were covers at all, they always just said 'wow ,nice seats. Did you have them re-done?'.

I'd recommend them.

Comment

I think this is enough .....
                      I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way
                      Electric adjustable bed mattress reviews - Asjustable beds prices air and Sleep Comfor in the UK

Comment

Working...
                      X