Some one had to do it! Introducing my Hartge H23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some one had to do it! Introducing my Hartge H23

After watching this car come up for sale twice in the last year and both times nobody really jumping on it, I did. The car used to belong to my very good friend Eric about 5 years ago so it is close to "the family" The car sat on craigslist for a few weeks and kept tempting me. I figured what the hell, I put up my 325is on craigslist and had it sold in an hour. Eric and I jumped in the car this morning at 7am and headed for the east. Just got back in town so I thought I would share. The car needs some work but it has had thousands invested into making it right. I'm going to be the one who finishes the job. A full respray is already in the works. I need to track down the correct wheels ( you hear that Joe??? ) and fix a number of things. All in all I am absolutely in love! Hope you all enjoy!

and the boo boo I have to fix.

kewl

Comment

That's a diamond in the rough... gorgeous!

It's just screamin' for some proper Hartge wheels though!
      "aerodynamics are for those who cannot build engines"
      -Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Burgundort 8-)

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
          Burgundort 8-)
          ;)

Comment

Much love!

Thanks for rescuing it. I hope you have some OE Hartge stickers for after the respray. I think they make the car :P
            cars beep boop

Comment

Thats a big ol' boo boo.

I'm sure it'll be great though.

Comment

Ughhh so jealous. Ballsy move...nice work!
                www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  Much love!

Thanks for rescuing it. I hope you have some OE Hartge stickers for after the respray. I think they make the car :P
                  Shit man, I'm working on it! I can't find those stripes for sale anywhere. I suppose I could have them made but I see myself being very particular with every aspect of this car. Rather have new. If anyone has any idea where you might get them, please let me know. Any other good sources for info on the Hartge cars would be appreciated as well. There isn't much out there! Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Comment

I remeber seeing that car a few times. Had some rust issues if i recall correctly. But an original Hartge car is definitely worth saving. I love the seats.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Nice Ryan! You should be able to fix her up fine. Get the proper wheels on there ASAP!
                      sigpic

Comment

Glad to see you saved it. I tried talkin my dad into selling his 6er to buy that since I can't now. Excited it went to the good home of an enthusiast.

Comment

Good save! A good vinyl shop should be able to cut those for you pretty easily.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nice catch. Let me ask a friend of mine here if he knows where the stripes can be found and for how much

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
                            :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

Wow. How much?

Comment

Working...
                              X