alpina front add on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alpina front add on

hey r3v. i got a bit of a problem. i bought a alpina front add on from eurostop for about 200 bucks. and now i need to fit it in/ install it to my front. thing is...... the guy i went to said it would cost 350.:eeek: it was hard enuf saving for the piece itself.:neutral:

he said he'd need to cut the valance, at a point right above the foglight/vents, and below the bumper. then he'd need to make brackets or watever for the foglights/ vent to fit.

all and all im not down to spend 350. does anyone know of a cheaper place. or if they could hook it up with services.

this is a pic of it just put over the old valence

you cant do it your self? sounds like a good weekend project with a few simple tools and a dermal or grinder with a cutting blade. fabing up some mounting brackets shouldnt be that hard ether.
    do you do any work on your car?
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

hahah sucker... just kidding

well kinda, thats why no one buys those things, cause it'll cost almost as much to fit as buying the real thing. There was a guy selling 500 for a new alpina original piece.

But... for a more constructive critcism.

1.) take the bumper off and match it up
      2.) make your own brackets and bolt it on the bumper.

you probably also need to figure out how to mount the fogs. etc.

Comment

cant be that hard. unless you just don't feel up to the task. i would go for it. the best way to learn how to do work on your car is to do it, and its also the best way to save $ for funner things then paying other people!
        as my boss says "the best way to learn is to dive into it, and make mistakes"
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

How thick is the fiberglass?

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I have one too. If the Alpina style one is built right you do not need to cut the valence at all. Mine fits right over everything on the valance. Complete wrap around. I drilled a few (5) holes in the valance top edge where it sits under the bumper. Installed some plastic anchors-made equal holes on the spoiler and I was good to go.
            game set match..
            dlm
            Attached Files

Comment

main thing is i dont have the tools for cutting the valence and i dont know how to customized fiberglass to fit perfectly with the fog lights and vent.

but from wat im hearing imma start shaving the fiberglass today. hahah with my woodworking tools

Comment

shaving fiberglass might take a while i guess..... but i dont wanna crack it or anything by trying to cut it with my half ass tools.

i dont have many tools to use. hahaha my jack doesn't even jack up my car cus its too low. LOL even with wood block and everything. maybe i should have used that money to buy a new lower jack so i can bring up my car whenever i want. instead of waiting for my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                  How thick is the fiberglass?
                  i'd say about as thick as...... maybe about a key.
                  well thicker then key. my guess i'd say 1/8 of an inch

Comment

dood whatever you do don't cut your valence. You hit that spoiler on a low driveway and its a goner. Just wrap it around the valence like "dlmrun2002" said, so in the event you ever do smash it up you can always just take it off! Good luck to you.
                    harry/harout

Comment

for sure. thanks!.
                      i guess that makes sense that he'd wanna cut my valence.
                      more work. more hours. more money.
                      as soon as i go to my friend's house imma do work there.

Comment

It fits pretty decent on your picture. Why not just epoxy glue it to your valance. Try a product called Betalink. Not sure where can you get it but that is just what German companies use to glue this type of aero pieces.

Comment

hahahah
                          if wat you say is true.
                          i'll find it. better then using my friend stuff everyweekend
                          imma spend more money driving to his house. lol
                          and better then goin to that body shop.

Comment

That guy was taking your for ride and trying to bend you over. Even the original alpina front was meant to go over the existing valance.

This is true for the Mtech,the ACS etc., etc.

The copy just doesn't fit as well hence the gaps. When I had mine I just sprayed my valance flat black.

AWS Gorillas

-For those who help defend others against wheel-snobs and their associated douchebaggery.

Comment

yeah i was thinkin about painting my orig. valence flat black so it might seem more lowkey and less visible. but didn't know how it'd look. thanks for the picture. now i know.

and im 100% doin it like that now.

Comment

Working...
                              X