Z3 A-trailing arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 A-trailing arms

Doing my 5 lug swap. Something I notices...

z3 rear hub seems to extend further out then e30 ones. Do I need different axles? Slightly longer at the thread perhaps?

I haven't fitted it on yet, but that bothers me a little.

Style 65 replicas ET15

With z3 trailing arms

With z3 hubs in e30 trailing arms

Last edited by Aptyp; 02-18-2009, 10:37 PM.

e30 axles fit fine on mine. good time to replace them with fresh ones but i didn't do that.

Comment

E30 axles work. Spline count/size isn't different. The hubs stick out further because of the higher off set.
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

I knew the offset part. Just looks odd.

I am getting new boots for my axles and going to take them apart, clean and rebuild. I am using axles out of late model IS, since my E axles seem smaller and don't have that crush thing in the middle.

Also one of my boots is torn already, so it's time.

Also, about offsets. I have a set of wheels for an e28. How's that going to fit? I know I'll have to roll fenders, but do i need to find e36 wheels for time being?

Comment

E28 wheels are around ET 20-25.
          You need ET 35-42.
          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

does anyone know the offset difference? how much more does the z3 hub stick out?
            sigpic
            Bmw 332i 260whp 240wtq N/a
            Lexus GS400 280whp

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
              You need ET 35-42.
              Originally posted by sbullard878 View Post
              does anyone know the offset difference? how much more does the z3 hub stick out?

Well according to the post above yours it appears to be 10-22 difference since you can put a et 20-25 on a standard e30 without much trouble at all...

Something to always remember, when using e36 parts you are pretty much limited to using e36 offsets. And when using e30 M3 parts you can run either offsets but the e36 wheels will need spacers...

:up:

Comment

spacers or a fender roller, YEAH

Comment

Alright, so everyone who used z3 arms, did you use E or I axles? is there a difference in length?

My E axles are about a half inch short and pull flange out of diff when bolted on.

Comment

So of all 5-lug swapped people who say they've done this, no one posts?

Is r3v full of posers?

Comment

doing a 5-lug swap now, but my car's M42-powered, so that doesn't really help you. but we did use the original E30 axles with the 4.10 medium-case we upgraded to. good luck.
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
                        You need ET 35-42.
                        this isnt entirely true. it depends on how low your car is.

i have 16x8 et23 wheels(style 5's from the e38 ), and i dont have any fitment or rubbing problems because my car isnt slammed into the ground. i wouldn't go any lower than that with the offset, though.
                        Last edited by daniel; 02-13-2009, 12:44 PM.
                        http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Z3 A-arms and et15 wheels. MUAHAHAHA

Comment

I just did the same thing tonight with my new E60 wheels... Et20...so i need to sort some wheels fast! TI rear end 17x8 or 17x9 what are the best offsets for 88-91 Mtech II E30 Bodykit???
                            Signature removed by R3V staff due to a violation of the forum rules

Comment

318TI hubs do not extend as far as z3 hubs. It gives you extra offset to mess with. But you'd still have to start at ET25+

For z3, it's et40+

Comment

Working...
                              X