Official Introduction: 1986 325e just picked up an hour ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Introduction: 1986 325e just picked up an hour ago

So I joined the family and as of hours ago I'm a proud owner of an E30 BMW:D It's not exactly what I wanted (89'-91' 325is 2dr, manual), but the price was right. Here's the info on my new friend:

1986 BMW 325e
    • 2 door
    • white (what is the color's official name? Alpine White?)
    • Houndstooth Interior (I'm pretty sure)
    • Runs well
    • New Tires (verified)
    • New Brakes (verified)
    • Tabs till 03/2009
    • Previous Owner worked at BMW Northwest
    • He said it had new Belts, Water Pump, and other stuff I can't remember but will ask
    • Original Manuals, tape thingy and stuff (see picture)
    • BMW Chilton Repair Manual
    • Battery cover, tool kit, jack, thing is blue plastic box, basically a bunch of original stuff
    • $500

Is it normal to have this LED push button in the OEM key? The guy claimed he did it custom himself?

Last edited by Nicademus; 08-23-2008, 04:11 PM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
    ~ John Adams ~

yep alpine white 1. black grills needed STAT. dent repair to the left quarter needed. what other plans do you have? what does the rear inside panels look like? are they hounds tooth also?

Comment

Yup they be the houndstooth mate! My the seats and panels look great. The upper shelf is faded to a blue color and missing the OEM speaker covers. It has some lame kenwood ones.
      Last edited by Nicademus; 08-25-2008, 06:22 PM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

hmm, if youre interested in black panels, lemme know.

Comment

LOok like someone had a lil' pms action on the passenger seat.:nice:

Comment

nice car for the price. but please paint or replace those grills tomorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hartge_H27 View Post
              nice car for the price. but please paint or replace those grills tomorrow!!
              Sooner if possible.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Yeah the grille is hideous. He was bragging to me about how he had painted it white and how good it looked....seriously? How can someone think that? Should I just spray paint it?

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                hmm, if youre interested in black panels, lemme know.
                What do you mean by black panels? What panels? The door panels?

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kwaaahhh View Post
                  LOok like someone had a lil' pms action on the passenger seat.:nice:
                  +1000

black grills should be your first mod...
                  BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Goals for today:
                    • Check all fluids, tire pressure and ??? (anything else I should check?)
                    • Spray paint grille black
                    • Detail interior and possibly wash and wax depending on time
                    • Go check out a local white 1991 325i that is being parted out (what should I buy off it?)

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                      What do you mean by black panels? What panels? The door panels?
                      yep, ive been looking for a set of houndstooth for awhile now. trade you my all black panels.

Comment

Oh my... Black grilleeeeesss ASAP!

Other then that, looks awesome man.
                        1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

with the led light..is it an actual led? i have the same key..same light. a buddy of mine put a led light in his and it didnt look that big compared to that one.
                          M Coupe

Comment

A key like that came with my car. It's a tiny incadescent lamp, not an LED, IIRC.

Paint those damn grills! Otherwise, nice pickup for 500.
                            cars beep boop

Comment

-Not bad at all for $500, Im jealous
                              1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Working...
                              X