Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo M20B25 Dyno Graph!

Mods:
    190K stock non-rebuilt bottom end, stock cyl. head.
    Metric Blue head bolts
    Clutch fan deleted
    Ebay T3/T4
    Ebay intercooler
    Ebay Chinese manifold
    Tial knock-off
    Megasquirt 1 v3 board with DIYautotune adapter board
    38lb injectors
    3 Inch turbo back
    AEM UEGO wideband

Only 8 PSI and super conservative 6K rev limit.

234hp/240tq At the wheels!

Turbo M20, MSnS, 38lb, 3" no cat, RPI 12.2", ATS DTC, 240whp/240wtq, Lmnop. www.DonsGarage.net

nice, how much did the setup cost you?

Comment

That's quite respectable! If you are comfortable sharing, how much, including all the little odds and ends, labor you couldn't do yourself, and tuning costs, etc. would you estimate you have invested? Those are nice numbers for 8 psi :up:
      Originally posted by chileelky
      amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

Comment

Thanks, guys! This car is really great to drive, and sounds awesome.

I probably have about $1500 in parts, including fuel management parts. I haven't spent any money on labor, I'm a mechanic. I tuned the car myself (on the street).

Turbo M20, MSnS, 38lb, 3" no cat, RPI 12.2", ATS DTC, 240whp/240wtq, Lmnop. www.DonsGarage.net

Comment

Megasquirt 1 v3 board with DIYautotune adapter board?

How difficult was the "Megasquirt 1 v3 board with DIYautotune adapter board" to install and configure. I am interested eventually in this direction, but i am not a mechanic. I do understand the basic of automotive electronics and am a RF Engineer and Computer Technician by trade. Is it something a do it yourselfer could accomplish with basic knowledge?

Comment

Originally posted by dkerley03 View Post
            How difficult was the "Megasquirt 1 v3 board with DIYautotune adapter board" to install and configure. I am interested eventually in this direction, but i am not a mechanic. I do understand the basic of automotive electronics and am a RF Engineer and Computer Technician by trade. Is it something a do it yourselfer could accomplish with basic knowledge?
            Well, you'll have to spend some more money if you can't do all the work yourself. Or invest in some more tools and lots of time. As far as the megasquirt setup goes, there is tons of information online specifically about e30 MS conversions. Just try to soak up as much information as possible before you start buying parts. On a scale of 1-10, my total project so far has been about a 6 or 7.

Comment

Nice bro!

Now what's it gonna take for you to give me a ride?????? Name the time/place!
              turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
              Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

How long have you been rocking that manifold? Have you continuously pushed it (at a track or enough to heat it up). I'm concerned for the longevity of that manifold.

It really is a nice piece though. Just some welds that are questionable. Oh, and the thickness of the tubing.

- Erick
                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
                  Nice bro!

Now what's it gonna take for you to give me a ride?????? Name the time/place!
                  Is there gonna be another BMW meet anytime soon around here? PM me! I live like 2 blocks from Digital_Cowboy (Will or Jeff I think his name is?).

How long have you been rocking that manifold? Have you continuously pushed it (at a track or enough to heat it up). I'm concerned for the longevity of that manifold.

It really is a nice piece though. Just some welds that are questionable. Oh, and the thickness of the tubing.
                  I've tracked this setup at for five full days this summer for probably a total of 400-500 hard hard track miles with no problems at all. I also street drove this setup for probably 2000 miles so far. I figure the manifold was cheap enough to replace or weld if it ever cracks.

Comment

Good to hear that.
                    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Rolla1990 View Post
                      Is there gonna be another BMW meet anytime soon around here? PM me! I live like 2 blocks from Digital_Cowboy (Will or Jeff I think his name is?).
                      I know, i just at Will's house this evening woring on his new project. He mentioned you were close by.

This Saturday there is an all-german car show. I'll get you the details if you're interested.
                      turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                      Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

i hopefully going to turbo within the next year or 2, i want to just run 6psi, untill i get alot of money for megasquirt and other important stuff.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Congrats on the dyno. :)
                          Did you tune anything between
                          the two runs?

The second one looks allot smoother.
                          Why did the "SAE" change?

Comment

Very Nice!
                            I have a somewhat similar setup, and was running 7psi, pretty darn fast. Then I went to 10, amazing. Then 12. Thats when I started to have a overheating issue. Pulled the head off yesterday and found the COMETIC gaskets special coating damaged, leading to the coolant channel. And yes i also run ARP's.
                            Really should of had my head shaved 1st time around. Oh well.
                            Just a heads up to you when you decide to up the boost. Either take the chance like I did. Or save yourself a little time and money and shave the head when you pull it off for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                            X