m30 turning over but wont start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m30 turning over but wont start.

I have the engine kicking over, have fuel have power to coil am I spose to have power on both sides of the coil?
    cluster of wires near coil go like this:
    black - tacho? I dont have this hooked up atm.
    green - positive side of coil
    brown/orange - negitive side of coil
    brown - i have earthed on the chassis of the car.

This sound right? the car cranks and cranks but will not start.
    ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

You getting power to the injectors?
    www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

Originally posted by speedhop View Post
      You getting power to the injectors?
      Yes, I can also hear them clicking as a crank the engine.

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Main relay, center terminal. Check for power there. If there is none you can run power from the positive terminal of the coil or another source that has 12v when the car is starting and running. This seems to be fairly common with the M30 swaps.
        '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
          Main relay, center terminal. Check for power there. If there is none you can run power from the positive terminal of the coil or another source that has 12v when the car is starting and running. This seems to be fairly common with the M30 swaps.
          I have the m30 running now, just hooked up the coil correctly and turned the key.

Brown, brown/orange go to chassis earth.
          Green to positive terminal.
          Black to negative side of terminal.

then associated stuff under the dash.

Comment

Cool! Congratulations dude!
            '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

does your tach work?
              Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
              That Guy.
              03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post
                does your tach work?
                Yes, was black wire on 3 pin plug under dash ;)

To get my temp gauge working, do I just splice brown/violet (coolant temp) on m30 harness to my e30's temp sender that I took off the old m20? I was told somewhere the m30 is not compatible with e30 gauge cluster? my m20's temp sensor only has one pin on it (m30 has two)?

Comment

with the temp i think it depends on if it VDO or meter-metric??? im not positive of the names, annd mine just worked and i have no idea why!

any more info on the tach??? cause mines not working, but it bonces once wheni turn off the car...

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
                    with the temp i think it depends on if it VDO or meter-metric??? im not positive of the names, annd mine just worked and i have no idea why!

any more info on the tach??? cause mines not working, but it bonces once wheni turn off the car...
                    Not sure what harness your running dude - And my car was originally L - jet (early 1984 323i e30) The signal wire for the tach gauge was under the dash on the right side, colour the signal wire was black.

Hmmmm, If yous bounces every now and then and you have it hooked up correctly I'd say the m30's tach signal is not compatible with your e30's gauge?

Comment

Originally posted by Doughnut View Post
                      Not sure what harness your running dude - And my car was originally L - jet (early 1984 323i e30) The signal wire for the tach gauge was under the dash on the right side, colour the signal wire was black.

Hmmmm, If yous bounces every now and then and you have it hooked up correctly I'd say the m30's tach signal is not compatible with your e30's gauge?
                      ok ill lookinto it further. thank you for the input!

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Working...
                      X