H&R's and Bilsteins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&R's and Bilsteins

I've got extra H&R rear springs and a set of Bilstein B36-2027-H0 shocks. Both are in good condition. $200 shipped?

Last edited by germancarsonly; 10-03-2008, 07:55 AM.

how many miles on the shocks?

Sold.......again.

Comment

I want them......wait those are rear shocks huh?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

NFC on the mileage, but they are Bilsteins. They came with a "Lifetime Warranty" to the original buyer. If you ever have a problem with a Bilstein product contact their customer service in Poway CA. Don't be a Dickhead and they will probably take care of you even though you aren't the orignal buyer. BTW - I have never had a problem with any of the Bilsteins I have used on anything driven on pavement and I have been running them since 1973. I have destroyed some of them in the Baja 1000 though. But then the complete race car was pretty much FUBAR by the time I was finished with it. I don't think that counts, does it?

Rear shocks..... DUH

Comment

early morning bump

Comment

If you decide to separate, then I'm interested in the shocks only. Thanks.
            sigpic
            January 2012 COTM

Comment

how much for rear shocks only? are they the sports?

best modification to any car is a clean car.
              -jeff

Comment

your sig is freakin huge
                1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I have had 5 different guys ask me to sell the shocks today. Sure, make it worth my while to sell the shocks and I will be glad to send them to you. Send me an email with what you are willing to pay for them shipped, OK?

germancarsonly@gmail.com

Comment

What's the drop with the springs? Do you have the part number?

Comment

im pretty sure those springs will give a .75 inch drop. they aren't the standard sports, they're designed for the cabrio which comes lower in the rear stock, so it doesn't need to drop the rear as much to accommodate the hr sports in the front which give a 1.5 inch drop
                      Last edited by steinbachphoto; 10-04-2008, 09:16 AM.
                      http://www.steinbachphoto.ca

Comment

No guys. Here's the deal....

The shocks are the Bilstein "Sports" for short springs, pretty standard item. Part # B36-2027-H0. Check the Bilstein parts list - http://www.bilstein.com/304bilsteinappguidecomplete.pdf

The springs are older parts numbered ones and you will need to read German to understand the info on them that google comes up with. I don't know how old the springs are, but they are in excellent condition. The drop is about 30/35MM or the same as the H&R "Sports.

The springs are tapered wire. The mid section is 16MM as compared to the current H&R Sports which are 13MM. You won't have any problems with coil bind using the blue springs and they are stiffer. I've added a photo of the spring next to a H&R 50406.

The H&R part number is 19.03-BMW and from what I can find the drop is 30/35MM or about 1 3/8".

Last edited by germancarsonly; 10-04-2008, 09:37 AM.

Comment

yeah the blue ones are meant for cabrio/IX as they only drop the rear .75in
                          http://www.steinbachphoto.ca

Comment

email sent for combo.
                            sigpic
                            January 2012 COTM

Comment

I just added some more info to post #12

germancarsonly@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X