check out my new custom dead pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check out my new custom dead pedal

i started with a JAMEX dead pedal that i had in my A-2 Jetta. (from about 6 + years ago)
    i tried to fit it in the BMW but i wouldn't fit very well, so i made a little extra support bracket.

i went back to my friends house today to REWELD my broken BMP front strut tie bar and to weld up the pedal, since he has a fab shop at his house. i also found out that i can't hold the rod very steady at the moment so i had him do it instead

link to JAMEX

how it will sit in the car

the extra support bracket i added is made from a phone sign i found at the
    scrap yard. it saved me from having to make the bend (since i don't have a sheet metal brake at home). i am going to try and install it i this week as time permits.

the pedal goes for around $25-$30 IIRC and is universal. (meaning you need to trim it to fit your car)
    the extra brace was free as was the welding.

it sure beats the HELL out of paying $200-$300 for a M-tech or other dead pedal. it matches my JAMEX pedals too.

i have been wanting to get this done for a while and since i am jobless, i have the spare time to get things done on my car now
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

installed pics! trying the positioning out with sheet metal screws right now. if i am happer where it is at, i will nutzert and bolt it in. study as hell though!

just the carpet

with the floor mat

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Nice.

That looks good.

Andy
      -Andy

Comment

thanks!
        if you can find them and have access to a bender and tig, you can make them work in a BMW.

i just did this, and Lee comes out with his.
        Lee's is nicer looking and prob cheaper to most everyone else in the long run though.
        Last edited by der affe; 01-13-2009, 11:08 PM. Reason: i still can't spell tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
          thanks!
          if you can find them and have access to a bender and tig, you can make them work in a BMW.

i just did this, and Lee comes out with his.
          Lee's is nicer looking and prob cheaper to most everyone else in the long run though.

good work...really looks good and not blingy!
          I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Working...
          X