No announcement yet.

Project: Yet Another M30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byron- I'll be posting them tomorrow before i clean the garage before mike and alex come back up... too tired at the moment to do so. Also: so PUMPED to put the engine in tomorrow.

Status update: engine is going in first thing tomorrow morning.. the wiring has been done, the bay has been painted (black because ... it happened like that.), gaskets are done and this shift linkage has been updated. More will come tomorrow in the form of pictures and details.

Have a good night guys.. I'm going to bed. -A special thank you to Alex, Byron, Cory, and Mike. You guys are crazy. :)
    Greg

Comment

Awesome! Did you end up getting the mounts (sig says you are looking for them) or did you make a set of your own?

What exactly did you do with the shift linkage? That's one item i still need to address..
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

oh wow, that was this weekend?????

look at all the shit i miss from not going to one wednesday meet..... damn my sister and her surgerys
        sigpic

I wear a suit, I do coke, and I ski...:D
        That's why I drive a BMW

Comment

Jean: I got the mounts from Good & Tight. Otis is the man! He shipped them well within my very limited time frame, all the holed lines up perfectly and they feel rock solid. I highly recommend him! -Also, thank you for the ECU, it worked perfectly :) the shift linkage was all from the e30 is. it lines up really well. the only issue i have is that my selector rod is bent so it leans to the left and getting into reverse is a bit of a pain, but other than that it lines up perfectly. Otis' mounts have two position, i used the one that pushes the motor forward and the shift linkage and drive shaft worked out like a dream.

Pat: sorry you missed it man, but when it comes time for yours hopefully I'll be a good help. What year is your car? Mike and Alex were able to figure out the wiring in about 15 minutes... - is your sister alright?

Alex, Byron, Cory, and Mike (in alpha order) Thank you so much for your help guys... The car feels worlds different and I can't wait to get some milage on her this week :)

Everyone else: sorry about lack of pictures... I have those and some videos that I'll post up tomorrow after work and cleaning my dad's garage :)
          Greg

Comment

Note to anyone planning a m30 swap in the future: start with a 87 325i. Everything is so easy, the car started up first try only 2 days after we started.

Have fun with it Greg, and try to keep it on the road lol.
            Byron
            Leichtbau

Comment

Pics or end thread. good luck.
              97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
              2001 330ci 5 speed
              83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Great to hear every thing worked out perfect!!
                Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TopOfTheLine89 View Post
                  Pics or end thread. good luck.
                  Will this work?

Byron
                  Leichtbau

Comment

thanks byron! pictures to come later this evening :)
                    Greg

Comment

Awesome! I can't wait to do mine, I hope it goes smooth. I still need to buy a couple radiator hoses, which ones did you use with your radiator (e24 or e28 ) ?
                      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

it's evening now. pics please
                        sigpic

That's why I drive a BMW

Comment

i contributed nothing but the wonder of my presence
                          -His-
                          87 e30 325i
                          87 e24 m6
                          05 e83 x3
                          94 e32 740i 5spd
                          -Hers-
                          89 e30 325i
                          18 f48 x1

Comment

cory you contributed to eating food and drinking by booze :) -glad you were there buddy.

trying to get pictures onto my computer that is older than most elementary school kids... hold on :)
                            Greg

Comment

Sorry for the mess of photos, I have to get up in ~6 hours for work, so i'll fix this up during lunch :)

Greg

Comment

oh herro secksee new motor
                                sigpic

That's why I drive a BMW

Comment

Working...
                                X