Parting 325i 4dr and 86 327i (e to i swap kit available)- Lots of parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parting 325i 4dr and 86 327i (e to i swap kit available)- Lots of parts

Will post pics tomorrow. Both are manual, but the manual trans swap parts are all spoken for, though I may have an extra transmission. 4dr is Calypsorot and the 2dr is Royalblau. Almost no good interior parts that I am not keeping for a later E30, but feel free to ask in case I have a spare.

327i swap kit using a direct fit 87i computer and wiring harness available. I have a very nicely ported i head that I ran for about 60k on the interstate. Head shaved 0.040" (!) Heavy port on the intake ports, moderate on the exhaust, matched porting on intake and exhaust manifolds. I can separate the intake from the head and take pics, but if I do, you will have to recut new intake gaskets. This is a port job for midrange to top end- you should run an i flywheel and gearing. This head WILL NOT work directly on an i bottom end. It has been shaved too much. If you do want to use it, you will need to pocket the pistons for valve clearance. I also have the full exhaust (I can't remember if it is OE)

3.73 open diff.

Almost perfect 4 dr body. Well, the left side, bumpers, hood, and trunk are perfect. The right side was sideswiped. I bought it with a snapped belt and was going to resurrect it, but I would rather put the M5 on the road again. Dark beige leather in bad shape in the front, OK in the rear. Suspension is worn out. No spare wheels. No good dashes. Good lights all around. Good glove box. Good door panels. Good door cards.

2dr body has good hood and deck lid. EDIT both doors have no damage at all. Good lights all around. Good glove box. Good pearl beige cloth door panels. Good center console. Good front bumper. Almost all trim good.

4 point mounting trailer hitch for diving board cars- two through the trunk floor, 2 through the bumper. If you want, I'll send you the whole bumper that I have drilled and reinforced. I have towed 2 tons with the car and have not hurt the bumper. May have extra e parts lying around. Very young master cylinder.

Can provide full battery cable and mounts to move 318i batteries to the trunk.

Can provide a cruise control kit.

OBCs are spoken for.

Additional full i exhaust.

Additional loud ass i cat-back exhaust with Flowmaster muffler and giant chrome tips.

M50 non Vanos long block with valve cover. I was told the head was recently "rebuilt" though unless I start taking shit apart I can't verify this. I trust the guy that brought me this motor, but he is not the one that did the work to it. I was told the bottom end could use "freshening." Once again, I can't verify this and can't run a compression test. No oil pump or pan. No manifold or harness.

S50 block, main bearing caps, lower timing cover, tensioner rails ONLY! No other parts for S50

More as I dig through my piles or remember it. PM me with your requests/offers. Ideal pricing is when I think I am charging too much and you think you are paying too little. Everybody wins.

EDIT 4-7:
    Pictures are loading as we speak. After carefully looking over the cars, I have found that the front lip on the 90 is intact. Also, the doors on the 2 door are undamaged. The passenger front fender on the 90 is salvageable, but it is damaged. Cheap if anyone wants it. All glass is good, but pickup only on the front or rear windshield. 4 door car has premium sound, so tweeter pods and deck speaker pods are available.
    Last edited by mooseheadm5; 04-07-2009, 05:46 PM.
    -P

Moosehead Engineering

BTW, I have the titles to both of these cars. The Calypso car is repairable, but I'm not going to do it.
    -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

dont have another clutch pedal and slave?
      sigpic:):)

Comment

Prices? Specifically on the hitch set-up?

Comment

would you be willing to take the wire that runs to the transmission(reverse switch), cut it where it is under the shift boot and send it.
          Originally posted by Lof8
          4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
          therefore, their value is much greater.
          Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwmotorm52 View Post
            dont have another clutch pedal and slave?
            Not at the moment, but I will post if I can come up with one.

Originally posted by ethree View Post
            Prices? Specifically on the hitch set-up?
            I'd say best offer on everything. If you want a price on the hitch, I'll go $150 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 including hardware and the angle iron bracket I made to sit inside the bumper to strengthen it. I'll send pics of how it is mounted up.
            I'll go $200 PLUS shipping if you want the bumper and a paper template to drill through the trunk floor. This saves you having to drill while holding the hitch up under the car. Trust me. I had a lift and it still took me a couple of hours. If you are close enough, this is the best idea.

Originally posted by Unearth078 View Post
            would you be willing to take the wire that runs to the transmission(reverse switch), cut it where it is under the shift boot and send it.
            I could, but it is not really worth it for you. You can make this with a couple of wires, spade terminals, and heat shrink.

Pics to come later today (I have to go to my shop to take them first.) No part request too small, but there is a $15 minumum to make it worth my while. That price will include shipping of almost any hardware/clips/brackets/relays/switches/wires that will fit in a small priority mail box/envelope.
            -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

yea i guess your right.. i am quite lazy lol.

Comment

I may reconsider a manual swap kit. Make me an offer.
                -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Will the 'i' head fit directly on an 'e' motor?

Comment

Any normal i heads will fit just fine, but the compression is lowered. I didn't want to pay this penalty when I did the swap, and I didn't want to break into the bottom end, so I milled this head down specifically to give higher compression. The car was mighty fast, but it swapped ends on me in the ice one day and got a little wrinkled. I drove it for about a year like that but finally decided to give up on the body. My observations about the driveability were from driving it 150 miles per day. The 3.25 diff was great for fuel economy (31mpg on the interstate at 72mph), but combined with the heavy e flywheel, it was a little sluggish off the line.
                    Also, if you are new to the e-i swap world, the i intake has larger runners (this one is ported,) the throttle body is larger, and the fuel injection is newer/better.
                    -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Looking for the left rear door handle and trim, the right rear handle trim, a battery tie down, and a plastic rear bumper. Please let me know. I will also send you a PM. Im in Chantilly, VA. Thank you.
                      I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                      2875-C Towerview Road
                      Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

heres a question for you... did either car have the factory stereo? i need basically the harness all the way until above the steering column..

needs to have the fader switch plug as well

Comment

Nope. All that stuff was hacked for aftermarket years ago.
                          -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

oi. okay okay.

Comment

Wait a tick, I think I spoke too soon. I think I ran all new speaker wires and new power wires on the 86. If this is the case, the harness is yours.
                              -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Working...
                              X