Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 Hartge H23

SOLD

We all knew this day would come. I'm accepting applications for adoption of the Hartge. Its been a lot of work and a lot of fun but its time for something new. Most of you are familiar with the car. I've had it for a little over a year and its come a long way. Here is most of the story,

The car is one of the 5 H23s imported through Performance Plus in Florida during the 80s. It is the only Hartge they imported in Burgundrot Metallic. Out of the 5 that came in, I can only guess how many are still around. I hear there is another in San Diego. Scott Epstein formerly of Performance Plus was able to verify that my VIN was in fact one of theirs and also provided me pictures of the car when it was brand new.

The car was ordered with just about all of the Hartge options.

- Hartge cylinder head and valve cover
    - Hartge header and exhaust
    - Hartge Oil Cooler
    - Hartge suspension including sway bars and strut braces
    - Hartge long range fuel tank in the trunk
    - Hartge steering wheel, shift knob, extra guage cluster
    - Hartge Mono Wiper
    - Hartge Valance, rear skirts and decklid spoiler
    - Hartge 40% locking LSD, I believe. I can't confirm though.

The car has 171,000 miles on it. It runs very well. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. Over the last year I sourced Hartge sideskirts and 15" wheels from our wonderful R3V community. They aren't correct for an 83 but they look great. The originally came with BBS RAs and no skirts. The car received a nice complete respray a few months ago as well. Glasurit was used all the way from primer to clear. I also swapped out the very tired tan cloth interior for a beautiful grey cloth interior out of a Baur. I still have the original Recaro seats as well.

The car has had a lot of money thrown at it over the last few years. I have probably $8,000 in receipts from the previous owner. Thats before all that I put into it. With a little bit more the car could be truly incredible.

With that said, I'll admit the car isn't perfect. It isn't going to to sweep the Concours circuit just yet. It could use some underhood detailing. Some of the trim could be better, the wheels should be refinished or swapped with the correct BBSs, the exhaust isn't correct although I still have the original muffler and tip, the trunk carpet isn't that nice, the sunroof sucks, and so on. Nothing serious. I have a big box of tune up parts and misc. stuff for the car that will be installed in the next week or so. I'm hoping to dig up a set of fog lights as well. All and all its still very very nice.

As for the price. I have been thinking about trying the eBay route with some professional photography along with it. I think it could do well. Honestly I'd rather sell it to the right home for a reasonable price. I'd like to see $10K for it, FIRM. I think that is more than fair considering. I'd also trade for a nice hot rod 2002. If you are seriously interested please ask questions. I know a lot about the cars history and previous owners. I know I'm forgetting a lot but this is a good start. Thanks for your time,

Ryan

SOLD
    Last edited by Tavern Gnome; 09-09-2009, 04:22 PM.

Wow, that is beautiful!

I wish my car would sell!
    '75 e12 euro hotrod
    '81 euro 635csi
    '91 m5
    Brent Kemi
    bk_burnout@hotmail.com

Comment

Wow... looks like you'll be loosing money there. I would have thought that was at least a $15K restored as it sits.

Comment

Thanks guys. I think the car could pull more money with enough time but in this market, who knows how long that will be.

Comment

Nice car-good price

Ryan: Good luck with the sale, the car is worth the asking price and more!!!
          Did a great job on the restore!
          jm

Comment

Love it -- beautiful work. If I wasn't up to my eyeballs in the current project I'd be all over this.

Comment

nice car Gnome. I'm waiting for your e28 to come up for sale.

Good luck on selling this one!

Comment

worth every penny! GLWS.
                sigpic
                New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Thanks a lot guys!

Comment

Dang sweet car, this was at the picnic right? i would buy it in a heart beat if i had the money..GLWS

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthre...27#post1711327

Comment

do want.
                      Originally posted by Holland
                      There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sefb222 View Post
                        do want.
                        uh oh... when seth says he wants something, usually he gets it.

i wish you great success in your sale.
                        http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                          uh oh... when seth says he wants something, usually he gets it.

i wish you great success in your sale.

shhh.... im trying to talk myself out of this one!
                          Originally posted by Holland
                          There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Comment

Raise the price please....... Im contemplating if itd be worth the lady going out to the driveway with 2 E30s, and her E46 missing, lol. Definitely worth every penny.
                            Originally posted by blunt
                            i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Originally posted by sefb222 View Post
                              shhh.... im trying to talk myself out of this one!
                              You know my number buddy... ;)

Raise the price please....... Im contemplating if itd be worth the lady going out to the driveway with 2 E30s, and her E46 missing, lol. Definitely worth every penny.
                              New price, $9,995. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X