Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M50 Dyno Chart! I guess it's time to go turbo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 Dyno Chart! I guess it's time to go turbo...

Well I really should have listened to you guys. I thought I felt 200whp+ but needless to say I fell short. Time to start sourcing turbo parts!

Performance Specs:
    Full OEM rebuilt M50tu
    TRM Custom Tune Chip
    S50 Cams
    24# Bosch Injectors
    3.5" Euro HFM
    Amsoil Intake
    Super Sprint replica headers
    Custom 3" exhaust, no Cat, Vibrant 3" Muffler
    ZF Transmission
    3.25 LSD

Thanks for looking guys! I plan to make a new intake boot for better flow, and make an intake heat shield. The heat here really soaks these filters bad. I have a friend here who bought light-weight pulleys, he dynoed before and after, showing a gain of 12whp. Worth it for $200-250?

Wade

Looks like some good numbers there, pretty nice! How loud is that 3'' exhaust? Do you have any vids of it online somewhere?
    Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by WADE30 View Post
      I have a friend here who bought light-weight pulleys, he dynoed before and after, showing a gain of 12whp.
      12?? I find that hard to believe, but I sure as hell hope you're right..

Comment

Originally posted by MIKe30 View Post
        12?? I find that hard to believe, but I sure as hell hope you're right..
        Ok I beg your pardon. Wrong Amount but decent amount of WHP none-the-less.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by richardb View Post
          Looks like some good numbers there, pretty nice! How loud is that 3'' exhaust? Do you have any vids of it online somewhere?
          Man out of all the cars I have ever owned, this exhaust setup sounds the coolest/best. Not raspy or drony. It is great deep rumble and screams up top. And not too loud at all.

I will try to record a video this weekend and post it up. Drive by and idle/rev.;)

Comment

Good numbers for a m50 dude! I made like 170whp on a stock motor with a chip and shitty exhaust...

Turbo is by far the best gain for the money.
            -Chris

Comment

Don't lose sight of the big picture in the peak number... Your curves look perfect, your AFRs are great...

My car made 186whp with basically the same mods (stock MAF and green injectors) and it was tuned on the dyno.

Comment

Quick question...Can having bad u-joints on a driveshaft develop a higher drivetrain percentage loss?

Comment

What kinda dyno were you on Matt?
                  -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by WADE30 View Post
                    Quick question...Can having bad u-joints on a driveshaft develop a higher drivetrain percentage loss?
                    Not awhole lot but yeah it can take away alittle.

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                      Don't lose sight of the big picture in the peak number... Your curves look perfect, your AFRs are great...

My car made 186whp with basically the same mods (stock MAF and green injectors) and it was tuned on the dyno.
                      Thanks Matt that's encouraging.

Comment

is 197 really not enough fun? seems like going turbo would make the motor swap less worthwhile or cost effective. I think a reliable 197 would be pretty fun to not have to worry about things.
                        97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
                        2001 330ci 5 speed
                        83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

I'm thinking about trading my gt3582r for a m50 swap. I know it'd be a hell of a lot better than the stock auto eta i have in it now, but is it really worth getting rid of the $1,300 turbo for?

I mean 175ish hp isn't really all that impressive.... but i guess it could feel pretty good in an e30.

Comment

I am just whining to be honest. The car is quick and loads of fun! And due to power/weight ratio it quicker than a lot of other cars on the road. It is reliable and I average 27MPG. I don't plan to turbo for a while. Trust me I love the car :D

Comment

You're making good power!!! think about it like this, you're making about what a stock S50 would make which isn't bad at all from a 2.5 liter. Another 50 HP from bolt ons? can't complain about that.
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                              X