335 track rat showing positive signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

335 track rat showing positive signs

Hello all, this is my latest edition to my BMW family. The e30 started it's life as an e30 325e. I recently swapped in an M30b34 with a getrag 262 transmission. I'm still trying to figure out the best diff for my setup and driving style. So far I've tried a 2.93 lsd and thought the gear was too long. I then tried a 4.10 which was really fun burning tires and doing a little drifting but realized the gear was way too short. Others with a similar setup have had good results using a 3.46 or a 3.73. The suspension is dropped using bilstein sport and BBS springs.

I went with a inexpensive and easy to maintain tractor and truck grade of paint that was sprayed on in a pole barn. All paint and supplies were under $100. (Please remember the title "track rat" so no flaming).

I still have more work to do to make this a really fun track and weekend cruiser.

I dont care if you painted in a pole barn or not it came out really really well for a 100 paint job....

to you sir....

Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

i like it :)q
      I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
      2875-C Towerview Road
      Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

I feel like a noob asking this but what engine is the m30b34 from?

What kind of suspension are you running? I think the paint came out quite nicely. Definitely looks trak rattish!

Build, break, repair, repeat.
        91 300zx TT
        03 540i Msport
        91 318is track
        89 Isuzu Imark/lotus 24hr Lemons car

Originally posted by george graves
        R3v is a very different kind of forum - don't come here with your bull shit - we'll actually take the time to call you on it.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rob View Post
          I dont care if you painted in a pole barn or not it came out really really well for a 100 paint job....

to you sir....

Thanks rob. The John deere paint flows and lays really well. The special hardener adds a nice skin to the surface and resist finger prints. The paint it self was only $35 per gallon and four coats only used half a gallon..:up:

Comment

How much for the Coupe de Ville?

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Frankie View Post
              I feel like a noob asking this but what engine is the m30b34 from?

What kind of suspension are you running? I think the paint came out quite nicely. Definitely looks trak rattish!
              The m30b34 came out of most e28s years 1980ish to 1987. A better M30 would be the m30b35 that has the long valve, better cam, better compression and motronic 1.3.

I'm running bilstein sport and BBS springs.

Comment

looks sinister and with the b34 under the hood it def is. I might have to pick up some of that paint!

im running the b34 with the b35 cam and motronic 1.3 upgrade. aside from having a bit less power its great and i have all the robostness and compression for boosting that the b34 is know for!

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtbleed View Post
                  How much for the Coupe de Ville?
                  That's my buddies deville who came up from Detroit to help paint. The barn is on my other buddies property up north. Looking forward to hunting season Nov. 15th

Comment

yo nice man

sign me up for that 100 paint job! ill take flat white
                    Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

Wow dude, looks nice. If your gonna use it as a track/weekend cruiser, i'll prolly see it around...
                      sigpic

Comment

looks great sir.. i jus luv the way that water pump pulley sits a c*nt hair away from the radiator !!

give me good shot of the front spoiler please..
                        --Hayden--
                        '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
                        '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
                        '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
                        www.G2IC.com

Comment

The paint came out really good, I'm impressed!
                          As for the chicken coop fencing fogs, they've gotta go...

Originally posted by Janderson
                          you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Looks ill!

Don't knock your own car, it's nicer then most members' rides on this forum. :p
                            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

What kind of front valance are we looking at here?
                              - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
                              Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Working...
                              X