Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that Volvo lip looks great :)

from what volvo is it taken?
    can you tell some more about how to set it up?

Comment

Meh, I like mine too. It's highly modified, cut all the way across the bottom to exact is lip specs, and lots of heat was used to shape it the way I wanted. Can't complain for $6

Comment

im sure if "is" lips were like 50 bucks we would all get them since they are not volvo lips work :D

Comment

Originally posted by ron1999 View Post
          that Volvo lip looks great :)

from what volvo is it taken?
          can you tell some more about how to set it up?
          off a late 80s/early 90s volvo 740/940i.

it can be somewhat seen here:

it pops right off with little clips and a couple screws, then turn the lip upside down, sand/cut off the little mounting tabs which are now on the bottom (that used to hold it to the volvo), sand the lip, spray black, screw to your e30.

for plastic bumpered e30s there's some modifications required. for my early model DB equipped 325is I mocked it up with no modification whatsoever. i need to sand and spray mine though before it goes on though.

Comment

i dont see how u guys find lips for such a random car, im better off finding an iS lip around here
            Originally posted by Lof8
            Seriously. Every black wheel, regardless of spoke design, looks the same from more than 3 feet away.

Comment

yeah idk either. local yard here has 4-5 volvos, 3 of them with lips still, i copped the best one.

only 2 e30s, an 85 and an 89. bumpers on them both were trashed, headlights already taken out of the 89. did get a whole bunch of random crap and a lip though :)

Comment

Originally posted by pelotudo View Post
                off a late 80s/early 90s volvo 740/940i.

it can be somewhat seen here:

it pops right off with little clips and a couple screws, then turn the lip upside down, sand/cut off the little mounting tabs which are now on the bottom (that used to hold it to the volvo), sand the lip, spray black, screw to your e30.

for plastic bumpered e30s there's some modifications required. for my early model DB equipped 325is I mocked it up with no modification whatsoever. i need to sand and spray mine though before it goes on though.

Your doing it wrong. Mounting a Volvo lip on a BMW is questionable, but doing it upside down is just silly. See Tonys18t's car. Looks 1000 x better.

Cheers,
                Brian

Comment

^guess that depends on your taste. personally i like the look of "splitters" with steps down on the pass/drivers side. but that may just be b/c of my e36 roots:

Last edited by pelotudo; 06-15-2010, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I like my volvo lip
                    1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

It's not the sides going down and having the raised center that looks funny, but rather the way it flares out all the way around. Reminds me of Japanese aero off a drift car or something.

Just doesn't fit the boxy lines of the e30 as well as it does the more wedge shaped cars that the style came from. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

^ahh, see what you're saying now. on the later models yes it does tend to oppose the front lines of the bumper as it goes back out.

on the 84-87s though, the bottom of the is valance does just this itself though, kinks back out. wonder if the lip doing the same will accentuate it in a good or bad way:

(edit, you're probably right, its going to be out there now that i think about it). will know in a few days though :)

Comment

yeah, they can be found on 2nd gen 740/60's, 940/60's.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I hate to bring this old thread back but im looking for some pix of a DB E30 with the volvo lip on.
                            sigpic(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Originally posted by NuthinFancy View Post
                              I hate to bring this old thread back but im looking for some pix of a DB E30 with the volvo lip on.
                              Heres mine. I like the lip on it now, I just have to tuck my DB's in more. I'm going to take it off and mold it more properly with heat though. Don't like how it's not sitting there flush.

Originally posted by TSI
                              ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                              OEM+

Comment

i like mine, it isn't the best looking one, isn't the worst looking by far either. and for 3 bucks i will not complain period. especially considering i have had it ripped off and would have lost a good 800 dollars worth of is lips by now.

you can modify it to fit much better than most people allow it.
                                Last edited by dkbmxer002; 12-06-2010, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X