Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 2jz Project

Hi,

Have not posted here before, so thought i would throw up my build that i have been building for the past 2 years. So heres the build and the story :)

So it started life out as a bog standard 1985 323i 4 door, until i got the bug for some power, so i grab an aristo half cut and began making the engine and gear box mounts up.

Yuck Blue!!

The donor

So it i was happy with the fitment at the time (i have since moved it futher back back and beefed up the engine/gearbox mounts. So we got we ordered the custom radiator and intercooler from PWR, which looked great and fitted great. Also ordered the fan aswell which is mounted in between the radiator and intercooler.

So with that out of the way we sorted out some seats and mounting them up, which was pretty straight forward. Also got stuck into the exhaust which we tacked up and sent off to be finish welded.

So by that time it was ready for the panel work and painting, last time i will use mates, as this process the good part of a year!! But i am very happy with the resutls!!

While the motor was out i thought id do the 100k service on the motor and changed the water pump to a supra item, and a splash of paint of course. I also took the chance to modify the sump as i moved the motor back.

So in went the motor and i done some ic piping, it sure looked the part indeed!!

This is when the project slowed for a while as i brought one of these, v8 :)

But i soon, found my love again for the e30 and wnated to go single and do it right. So i sold the v8, to gets some funds for the bmw and this is what i brought :)

Willwood front brake setup from Lee at Massive brakes

Some ground control coil over suspension

All new poly bushes and rear adjustable camber kit

New Plates :)

Also so purchased some sard 850cc injectors and all the speedflow fittings and braided hoses. Also grabbed a b&m pro ratchet shifter.

While i was waiting for those parts i made up the fuel system, bit of an over kill but better then under kill i say! Also fitted a Bosch lift pump in tank.

So i ordered my single turbo setup, a Garrett gt35 on a 6bost manifold, a trubosmart wastegate. While waiting i pulled of the old twins, what a mess!

Also got the exhaust housing and manifold ceramic coated

Then time started slipping away again as my partner and i had a child recently, so a month ago i had to send the car away to get the parts installed by a local mechanic, would of love to do myself but do not have the time now between working away for 10days and only home for 4days.
    This is what he has done for :)

-Tailshaft made
    -Turbo waterlines
    -Wastegate
    -Tial Blow off Valve
    -Dump pipe
    -Screamer pipe
    -Intercooler mounted
    -IC piping
    -Colovers/suspension installed
    -All new polyurethane bushes installed
    -Front willwood brakes/rotors installed
    -Rear rotor/pads installed
    -Sard 850cc injectors installed
    -Radiator hoses installed
    -In tank lift pump
    -All old air/water lines cleaned up from old twin turbo setup

That's all i can think of for now anyways, its gotta go back after wiring for the oil catch can, ps tank, radiator overflow tank. Also have to setup the remote booster/master and sort out brake lines, Nearly their :)

Well thats the story so far and should start putting all the windows and new seals in within the next week or so and start putting all the new bits and pieces back in aswell that i have collected over the 2 years. Will be getting towed for wiring in a week, so should not be to long until start up!!

I will update as i go.

Youre a fucking don.

Sick project

Comment

Mate! Loving it.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

not a fan of the swap. but shit is getting done! sick!
        ]

Comment

i was NOT expecting this when i clicked. Well done.
          http://bbswheels.blogspot.com

Comment

very well done, you thought of everything
            -Andy

Comment

Will there be NAS?

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
              Originally posted by DTM190
              "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Clean and well done, very awesome first posting!
                ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                ~ '87 535
                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Wow that looks fucking amazing!
                  Originally posted by blunttech
                  r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Thanks guys, slowly getting there and doing everything right the first time around. Im sure there will be a heap of stuff i will do before it runs, i cant help myself!

Comment

how difficult is to do the wiring harness?
                      sigpic
                      1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
                      1987 325ic Black Vert
                      1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
                      1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

WOW! This was a pleasant surprise clicking on this. You are doing a great job.

Comment

the license plate says it all! can't wait to see the finished product!
                          sigpic

Comment

awesome swap!
                            I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                            2875-C Towerview Road
                            Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Amazing car. I'd like to see a shot of the whole car with the bodykit and stance....
                              Recent Rebranding!!
                              Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                              E30 SM62/S62
                              E30 M60 V8
                              E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                              Instagram.com/garageaholic
                              Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Working...
                              X