didnt realize there WAS a project forum- heres my Project though

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didnt realize there WAS a project forum- heres my Project though

The front clip is off the wrecked coupe, I took a sawzall to the radiator support to get the clearance to pull the motor/trans/subframe out as a unit.
    Its tough working in the dirt but not so bad when your just stripping a car for parts. the actual assembling will be done on a lift if all goes well
    Attached Files

Comment

Got alot of work done on the car, 5 speed is swapped in, 5 lug e36 susp is goin in, the engine is in and running etc..... But I noticed when I tried to install the rear subframe, Its bent. The diff bushing is pushed foward too far to line up with the body mount. It was a rear collision on this car so its no wonder, but I didnt notice anything unusual when I pulled it from the donor car.
      I have the stock subframe for the silver car still, so I'll have to switch over the 5 lug trailing arms and LSD, and while Im at it Im gonna do a urethane diff mount, Urethane TA bushings, and a toe/camber adjuster kit. I wanted to do all this eventually anyway, but im in between jobs right now and didnt wanna spend the money on parts
      Attached Files

Comment

Shes finally down off the jack stands...

5 lug swap, engine replaced, E36 rack, Ground control coil overs, 5 speed swap.. all done.

Just need to tidy up the interior, gotta wire up the guages and the stereo.

I think it transformed nicely from what it was before. (automatic trans/14" bottlecaps/blown engine)
        Attached Files

Comment

Coming along nicely.
          Funny I was in sag arbor yesterday looking at summer rental.
          Cheers
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by M3TROY View Post
            Coming along nicely.
            Funny I was in sag arbor yesterday looking at summer rental.
            Cheers
            Were you out this way again on saturday? I passed a clean white vert on rt27 in southampton. Thought it looked like yours

Comment

Working...
            X