Finally got a hold of a RWD thing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a hold of a RWD thing!

I finally found a decent E30 that I can be happy with. It's a 1986 325e, and it has infinite mileage (157k when the previous owner stopped driving it, and it's stuck there now). Other than a bit of water in the cabin (problem has already been remedied), everything else looks and runs fabulously. And I'm pretty sure it came with a Z3 short shifter.

My plan is for this thing to get me through college (another two years still), at which point I would really like it to transform into a spec E30 racer (M20B25 swap, cage, stripped interior, etc..). But for now, I am extremely happy with it, and I can't wait for the snow!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5480978...7625333703817/

BTW, huge fan of this forum over Bimmerforums. You guys seem to be a tighter-knit community somewhat, and are way more DIY friendly/willing to help. Thanks for being awesome.

Looks like a nice little project.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

Comment

ohgawd, good luck man

e24 e9 e30
      IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Hai

welcome to r3v

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

yay another 325e! welcome.

how much did you drop on it?
          -84 325e 158k
          -06 suzuki drz 400sm

Comment

A scant $680, talked the guy down from $900. All it really needed were pads and rotors, which I got for $100 and installed over a cursed 5 hour period.

Comment

Welcome.

Your going to learn a lot here. Its fun.
              -Nick
              Originally posted by 87e30
              First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBuyer View Post
                Welcome.

Your going to learn a lot here. Its fun.
                agreed. lots of entertaining threads here.

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
                Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

I read it is you actually got a VW Thing.

Comment

Originally posted by CabrioPunk View Post
                    I read it is you actually got a VW Thing.
                    Lol. No, a "thing" is my generic term for cars, motorcycles, bicycles, women. Basically any and all things.

Comment

have fun with the snow

Comment

I am using my SETA for similar purposes(college and then a track car once i get done) and it has served me well. In the snow it is fairly good, despite it being really light and having all season performance tires, it has done okay in the snow and ice up here in the mountains.

Looks like a fun project for cheap, GL!
                        "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

Originally posted by doublea View Post
                          A scant $680, talked the guy down from $900. All it really needed were pads and rotors, which I got for $100 and installed over a cursed 5 hour period.
                          Thats the way to do it man. I wish i got the cheapest e30 i could get my hands on for my first car, instead my parents made me get a $3500 325es. Its a gem but i would have had alot more fun with a car i wasnt scared to mess up.

Comment

how did you fix the water leak in the cabin?
                            Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by Dude View Post
                              Thats the way to do it man. I wish i got the cheapest e30 i could get my hands on for my first car, instead my parents made me get a $3500 325es. Its a gem but i would have had alot more fun with a car i wasnt scared to mess up.
                              Yeah, the best thing is that I'm becoming a much better driver much quicker because of my lack of regard for my car's well being, so to speak. I'm not afraid to off it into a snow bank going sideways, or get the tires up to temp and do a hot lap of campus.

how did you fix the water leak in the cabin?
                              Don't know, haven't really gotten to it. I might gut the carpet in the summer, so we'll see. To be honest, I really don't mind it all that much right now. When it rains, it's pretty squishy, but because it's been snowing so much here, the only water I get in there is melted snow from my shoes, and that's never a huge deal to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X