Scytek Alarm Question for Luke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scytek Alarm Question for Luke

Per Luke's recommendation and for Scytek products, I purchased a galaxy g20 alarm (the most basic) and got everything wired up to get some basic protection/keyless entry. Unfortunately, I didn't utilize all the features from the alarm because I was a little too insecure about wiring anything further.

At the moment, I have keyless entry, siren, and parking lights illumination.

Now, I was wondering (based on the older style wiring of the e30), can the other features listed in the wiring diagram be utilized?

Specifically,
    1. dome/interior light illumination when they car is disarmed/unlocked (rather than having to open the door)
    2. door, hood, and trunk trigger (if i were to arm the car currently, opening and closing the doors do no trigger the alarm)
    3. horn (wasn't sure if it would work to begin with since the horn only works with the car turned on)
    4. parking light illumination (apparently for our cars, we have 2 separate relays for each side of the parking light? the kit only came with one parking light output so I assume I have to tap into the other one?)

While not the master that is Luke, I can confirm that all four will work on an E30.

For #1, you will notice it requires a relay to activate the dome lights. Depending on your model, you may have a delayed entry module which can be driven by this output, simplifying the install and reducing clutter under the dash.

For #2, You can pick up on the door open signal on the output side of the delayed entry module, as it connects to all of the other door switches. You will need to add a hood switch, and run a wire to the trunk lid to use the existing trunk switch.

For #3, you can use some electrical trickery. Find the Brown/yellow wire coming from the steering column that controls the horn. The car supplies a ground on this wire to actuate the horn relay. Cut the wire, and get a standard bosch style 5 pin relay and connect as follows: Pin 30- Connect to the Brown/yellow wire that runs to the horn relay. Pin 87A- Connect to the Brown/yellow wire that runs to the steering wheel. Pin 85- Connect to the Brown/white horn output wire of your alarm. Pins 86 and 87- Connect to a constant +12v.

And #4, our cars do not use relays for the parking lights, but both sides of the car are separate circuits controlled directly by the switch, even using separate fuses. You can use two relays or two diodes which I feel keeps things a little cleaner. Some hacks suggest joining the two circuits with a hard splice. Don't do that.

Hope this helps!
    -Dave
    2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

great thank you! Happy Holidays

Comment

Working...
      X