Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coiled 1991 318i - 5 spd - Chicago

Hey everyone,

So I got a job in Chicago next year downtown and I won't really need a car. This car has been a huge part of my life for the last two years. I am from Boston, but go to school in Chicago and have made 6 trips from Boston to Chicago with the car.

Let me start off with some basic specs:
    1991 318i Sedan - 188,XXX miles
    5 speed
    Red on Black with non-sport seats
    Premium Sound
    Power Windows
    Rust-Free

Mods:
    - GC coilover conversion kit with 650fr/750r spring rates
    - GC camber plates
    - Koni Single Adjustable Shocks and Struts
    - An aftermarket exhaust that came with the car
    - Z3 M SSK
    - Shaved Antenna
    - Custom skid plate welded by yours truly - basically 3/8" of steel bent and bolted to the radiator support and steering rack - it literally tears up the road.
    - Shadowlined inside and out about a year ago and shows absolutely no sign of chipping.
    - iS lip with a splitter
    - Rear Euro Plate Filler
    - Porsche D90 rims 16x7 fr with 195/40 Yoko S Drives; 16x8 r with 195/40 Conti Sport 2's painted matte white
    - 4x100 --> 5x130 adapters (38.5 mm front and 43 mm rears)
    - CAI and some chip that came with the car
    - New control arms
    - New tie rods
    - All new belts and fluids

All suspension mods (Coils, Camber Plates, Konis, Control Arms, Tie Rods) have about 10,000 miles on them.

Problems:
    - Rear windows don't work from the back doors. They can be brought down but only with the buttons near the shifter
    - AC compressor is almost seized, so I cut the belt while it was winter. I will fix it in the Spring.
    - The front suspension makes a light clunk noise. This may be due to loosened Strut bolts or the Camber plates. I need to take it apart to see what is going on.
    - There is a little door ding on the passenger side of the car about the size of a quarter. It annoys me.

A little background on the car: I bought this car completely stock in Boston after my sophomore year of college from a family who owned the car in Colorado. I have the original owners manual and records dating back to 2005. The car looks to have been taken care of very well. The car has been repainted, but the paint is very bright and clear. I would give paint a 7/10. The interior has a cracked dash (typical) and the driver's seat is cracked showing the foam, but the rear bench and the passenger seat look new. I also have floor mats (if that is even important to mention). This car is extremely reliable. I have driven it from Boston to Chicago 6 times with zero problems. The car starts and runs as if it were new and doesn't complain one bit. The mileage may be high, but I honestly think this car will run for another 100,000 miles. The M42 gives out expected power, but it is very peppy down low.

Well here are some pictures:

Skid-Plate Welding:

Shadowlining:

Pre-Shadowline:

Completely Stock:

I am not in a rush to sell the car but the price I am going to put it at with mods and condition is $5000 OBO.

god damnit. if only i had the cash available and you were closer. glws, should be an easy one.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
    my feedback thread

Comment

Omg hootie I want your car, and to hang out with you because we never did while you were in mass, this is duwerk by the way

Comment

DAMMMMMMM SEXY all the way down MY GOD Lol..... Plus Your the only person so far that lives close and with a GOD CAR that i'll love to own but ofcourse With The best of the best comes a price and i'm close but yet far from it... Hope you still have it by the time i have the cash... NICE F!@king CAR

Comment

DuWerk - I thought you were just some creeper. But seriously buy it...

Legaxy - Thanks for the kind words. I will keep bumping it, and maybe it will still be around when you get the cash.

Comment

Nice pics man, clean sedan!
            BUY YOUR KLUB VINTAGE WINDOW DECALS!
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265552

Klub Vintage - Classic and specialty car builds and restorations

http://www.klubvintage.com

Located in Lambertville NJ

Comment

i know you said you dont need a car any more, but i traded a 325i for this car, its a great car, and its a diesel but i want back into an e30 gasser its completely rebuilt, all new Koni shocks, rebuilt head with port and polish, rebuilt performance injection pump, new custom exhaust, fresh semigloss ( very well done) paint, Corrado G60 11 inch brakes with stainless lines, only 1 spot of surface rust, the whole underside and everywhere else is rust free.. and it gets 40mpg...

Comment

stunning, well done, love seeing cars that are loved.
                sigpic
                New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Interested pending insurance settlement.

Comment

Spotted you driving down Sheridan by Loyola the other day. I was in my 318is and was yelling to my friends that I just saw an e30 with D90s. They had no idea what I was talking about. Ha.

GLWS man.

Comment

Originally posted by hexagone View Post
                      Spotted you driving down Sheridan by Loyola the other day. I was in my 318is and was yelling to my friends that I just saw an e30 with D90s. They had no idea what I was talking about. Ha.

GLWS man.
                      Should have yelled out. The car must have been super dirty before I washed it a couple days ago.

Thanks for the kind words!

Comment

maybe interesting to you. mine plus $$ for yours

Comment

Originally posted by alexdev View Post
                          maybe interesting to you. mine plus $$ for yours
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195113
                          Sorry, but next car I am looking at will either be an X5 or an E39 M5, but that might be in a couple years.

Thanks for the love though!

Comment

wish i knew this was forsale before i bought my e30!
                            glws

Comment

Originally posted by dmjensen View Post
                              wish i knew this was forsale before i bought my e30!
                              glws
                              you want a side pipe... this is not a side pipe car, at all ever

super clean car man, looks great, GLWS

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Working...
                              X