No announcement yet.

91 318is Never ending project(s) journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added the mtech repro dead pedal by Massive. Looks nice I think, good quality. Bolt/screws into place using existing hardware, just had to trim a little as my speaker ring a larger than stock. Feels very nice after a shift to put your foot on the dead pedal. Does not budge even when pressure is applied to it.

Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
    BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

You inspire me to do better in my life!

Very nice man. Quick question, where did you find those door panel cover things, with mtech colors?

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarz325 View Post
        You inspire me to do better in my life!

Very nice man. Quick question, where did you find those door panel cover things, with mtech colors?
        I had those made by Kevin from Creative Options. He is on all the e30 boards, might be Tricked323i on this board. He just created new door panels with new vinyl and used the mtech cloth to do the centers. Stitches all together and ships it. I then glue the foam and then cover. Lots of patience is needed but not too hard. He sells the centers only so you can glue them on your existing panel, but I wanted something more OEM.

Comment

looks Nice with the pedals
          MY E30 1986

Comment

You sir, did a damn great job. Inspiration for sure.

Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Originally posted by Jroc View Post
              You sir, did a damn great job. Inspiration for sure.

Patience is a virtue.
              Thanks. Not much work in the last month as our first baby was born. Currently working on rebuilding head as it cracked 2 days before baby came. So now after 3 weeks, getting started.

Comment

Well a few things have come up since my last update. Our first child was born this past Valentine's Day. She is awesome and priorities of course changed. Now getting into the swing of things with the baby being older and having more time to get back to the regular duties. But unfortunately, my car started to have cooling issues the engine 2 weeks prior her arrival. Car worked find but but temp would go up at idle. After cooling pressure test, issue was cracked head or headgasket. Ended up being cracked head. So the car sat 3 weeks after the birth and then worked on it slowly. Got a brand new OEM head for a great price, same price as some complete used ones on ebay. Car has been back on road the last 2 weeks. I have to look at an issue that now, the car idles rough when cold. Didnt't before. Just need some time to diagnose it. But now getting into small projects. I got some new door handles the some on the other forum is selling and was lucky to be at the top of the list. Got them installed today. Very nice quality. Now need to do passenger side lock cylinder to match driver and so both are nice and black like handles. Here are a few pics:

Comment

After replacing my cracked water pump, I got to finish my projects. I installed a new driver side interior sill, the inner part. The clips and the trim piece broken upon removal. I wonder if there is a tool out there to make clip removal easy. Here are a few pics. Just deciding if I should get the outer one side as my passenger side is broken. I guess price will be deciding factor.

Before:

During:

After:

Comment

Nice work! How many clips did the inner sill take? I need to order some also.

RIP

Comment

your car is amazing man keeep it up!!

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Bey View Post
                        Nice work! How many clips did the inner sill take? I need to order some also.
                        7 per side

Comment

Got a few things done today but didnt have a camera. I finished with the sound insulation for the passenger door, just like the driver. Also rebuilt the passenger door lock cylinder with the BMW kit. Much easier than driver door as there is no double lock option for the passenger. Lastly installed the interior door sill like the driver side to match. Tomorrow I should put the moisture film from BMW. Next will be to glue the foam to door panel and then wrap it. Soon will get started on front seats.

Comment

Did the passenger side moisture block paper from BMW. The roll can easily do a 4 car and maybe 2 more doors. Here are a few pics. You can see the insulation and the block in the first pick. The second is the interior bottom door sill like the driver side. Last is the new passenger door lock and the bezel is nice a deep black to match new handle. Now need to paint car to match all these new parts. Soon. I have to wash my car as I have this weird film all over. Like little sparkles. The door handle has these and looks like it is messed up but in reality it is this stick film.

Comment

looks good!

Comment

Here is a pic of the new throttle cable. The design has changed and hard to tell in the picture. You don't need 2 wrenches anymore to adjust, just spind the finger grip to tighten or loosen cable. Also found out issue with stuck throttle, the shaft that connects the bracket to the pedal and bracket to the cable, has has the bushing bearing break off. It cause the shaft to move freeling and the clip to get got. Order the $1.50 grommets and bushing to fix the part of the car for the pedal area.

Comment

Working...
                                X