Cleaned Up My Front!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaned Up My Front!

This is nothing special, just progress of bringing my car up to par. It follows a thread about cleaning up my rear last year (here).

Spend the past month cleaning up my front. Car is an '89 325i, 200K miles now, that I'm trying to bring back to par. The front was pretty rough, missing lip, faded grills, US ellips w/ one corroded high beam chrome.

The first thing to be replaced was the faded Roundel.

I chipped some paint removing it. MOTHER FUCKER!!!

Then I swapped out the Ellips with a pair of washer smileys. The difference was pretty good. I might go HID at some point, but I'm really digging the old school halogen's. I've slowly been sourcing the rest of my washer bits, all I'm missing is the relay and control unit. Might pick those up new using a friend's dealer discount.

New and Old Lights

Washer Rings

Euro Grills

Installed

Lit. I wired the city lights to my markers, but one bulb is blown. Anyone know what bulb that uses (haven't searched it yet).

I blacked out my kidneys while I was at it.

Next I Laminxed everything. Yellow highs and fogs, clear on the lows. I know it's ghetto compared to Frenchie glass, but it really makes the front end more dynamic.

It's looking better, but def not complete. You can really see the poor paint condition in this shot.

Paintwork was next. The valence was layered with thick chipped paint. The bumper paint was peeling. The trim had been painted at some point, but was also peeling. And the lip was long gone. The paint was Alpine White II (218) from Painter's Supply (thank you Tim).

Stripped

Primered & Filled (didn't get a shot of the bumper)

Painted & Clear Coated

IS lip (thank you Levent) and Ryan G splitter (thank you Sean).

Mounted.

I didn't have time to do a proper photo shoot so I lined it up with the M Coupe for a few close ups.

Then I added one last touch to the rear. I hate stickers on my cars, but my wife gave me this and I think once the window's are tinted it will be fitting. Haters can hate, I think it's funny.

Next are the painting the roof, fixing sunroof, bike rack, H&R sports, and BBS RGR's sitting in the basement.
    JOY IS AN E30...

very nice! i really like it.... i need to do this with mine but i think i would have trouble finding a bronzit paint for the valance
    ]

Comment

Wow what an improvement. Clean as fuck

]Real sht

Comment

When I saw your bumper trim painted white I was like NOOO!!:hitler:

But then I saw that it was just primer and you painted it black again :up:
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Nice work!

COTM

Comment

for a paintjob in an open garage, it looks like it came out really well!

Originally posted by Ryan...
            It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

what did you use to spray the paint and etc?

Comment

Damn looks alot better.
                I need to refresh my valence now.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_ View Post
                  very nice! i really like it.... i need to do this with mine but i think i would have trouble finding a bronzit paint for the valance
                  all you need to do is get the code for the paint and any decent shop will mix up a can for you.
                  8380 Laboratories
                  M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Sweet man, looks awesome! I'm really tempted to laminx my alpine's highs...
                    sigpic

Comment

looking really nice. seems like that car is heading in the right direction.......... more than I can say for that Z3 though, it on the otherhand looks very goofy from the front.

Comment

I think the "I'm the stig" sticker would be ok if it wasn't in Comic Sans.

That aside though, your car looks great

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                          what did you use to spray the paint and etc?
                          Painters supply will mix their auto grade paint into spray cans. The nozzles are better than most, but it's still a spray can. Lots of light coats...
                          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Looks great!!
                            (OO=[][]=OO) 1990 325i

Comment

M Coupe front end is stock except for HALO's and ACS splitters.

Yeah comic sans sucks. Who ever made that sticker clearly didn't understand the Stig.
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Working...
                              X