M30B35 plus all accessories $600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30B35 plus all accessories $600

I have a m30b35 out of an e24 for sale. Motor has all records with 115k on it. Comes with all accessories, a new radiator, new hoses, ecu, and more that i cant think of at the moment. I am just trying to free up space as i may be purchasing a 2002. Local pickup only!!

Only problem is the intake manifold cracked and need to either be replaced or welded.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by naplesE30; 03-22-2011, 02:20 PM.

If the motor is from an e24, it's a b34 not b35.

Comment

Its definitely a B35, look at those intake ports, not sure about the rest of the story.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

It is from a 88 635csi. It has 3.5 stamped on the block, and the intake. But yeah it may be a b34. I'll gave to check it tonight.
        Last edited by naplesE30; 03-22-2011, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I thought all b35s had the top mount drop-in-style oil filters/housings as opposed to the earlier canister style bottom-mounts?

Comment

B35's have "BMW" on the valve covers. B34's have just a Roundel on it.
            ===Neil

E28 1985 535i
            E28 1987 535is
            E46 2005 330Ci zhp

Seller Feedback on e46fanatics.com

Comment

You can look at the port opening on the manifold as well as the head and tell that those are B35 for sure. 89 was the first year for B35 although a lot of the engines parts were cast in 88 . Maybe someone did a motor swap on this car and put the older style oil filter housing back on?
              Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Valve cover has roundel so I guess it is a b34. Sorry for the confusion

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                  Valve cover has roundel so I guess it is a b34. Sorry for the confusion
                  The engine you show in your pictures does not have a roundel on the valve cover and has a B35 head. Do you have two engines?
                  Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Shit man. I didn't even look. It does say bmw. I'm going to gave to look at it when I get home. Ill take pics of everything that comes with it. I guess I dont even know what exactly I have. I'm an idiot, I hate people who dont know what they are selling and right now I'm that guy.

Comment

No sweat, bro. Im not sure how to ID a B35 block but seeing if the casting date matches the head would be a start. Pics will help, im sure someone here will be able to help you nail it down.
                      Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

A B35 will also have 3.5 stamped on the Intake Manifold like so

It looks like a B35 to me. Not 100% tho. I don't think that's a stock B35 alternator but B34 and B35 alternators are interchangeable.

This thread might be of some help.

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=60306
                        ===Neil

E28 1985 535i
                        E28 1987 535is
                        E46 2005 330Ci zhp

Seller Feedback on e46fanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                          If the motor is from an e24, it's a b34 not b35.

Not entirely true. The e24 635 used the m30b35 for all markets when the switch was made to the world bumpers sometime in 87 (6/87?). The nice thing about this m30b35 is that it has the correct motor mount bolt locations to allow this to go into the e28 or older BMWs without an adapter. To install this in an e30 you can use the b34 type motor mounts but will still need to change the oil pan/pump to the e34/e32 type.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                            89 was the first year for B35 although a lot of the engines parts were cast in 88 . Maybe someone did a motor swap on this car and put the older style oil filter housing back on?

The m30b35 was used as early as 10/85 in the euro e32.

That filter housing would be correct for the e24 applications.

Comment

Ok I am pretty positive I got it figured out now.....

It was from an 88 635csi So, it must be a m30b35. When I bought the motor i was lead to believe it was a b35 engine... I bought it off BDK who is a member on here.... link to the original listing..

Per wikipedia: In 1988, the US E24 was now available with the newest version of the M30, the 3.4L (first used in the E32 735i). Even though the intake manifold states 3.5 it's technically a 3.4 (3430cc) like the previous 3.4. This engine had an increased compression ratio, and updated Motronics/DME. The result was 208 hp (155 kW) and 225 ft·lbf (305 N·m) torque. In effect, this engine was identical to the catalyzed version newly available in Germany and other markets.

I have a bunch of pics of the block, head etc. The motor comes with some spares altenator, valve cover, ac bracket but no ac. Here is a link to the pics... http://s599.photobucket.com/albums/tt76/nbitter/M30/

I hope this clears up any confusion
                              Last edited by naplesE30; 03-22-2011, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X