My Schnitzer 3.7 liter M30 Dyno Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Schnitzer 3.7 liter M30 Dyno Results

Sold the car to a buddy of mine last year but thought this would be worth posting. The lower power run was before i mapped it ( it was poorly mapped when i got it)

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

<-- Jealous. I drove this car once upon a time and it was/is a beast
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Are there any details of the engine specs available?
      1973 Bavaria

Comment

The engine was a crate motor from Schnitzer that was offered for the E34 chassis when it was current. It has 92.5 mm bore, 90mm stroke (S38 crank), 9 something to 1 pistons. Billet rods, ported head, cam, possibly a larger valve. Long tube header (BAS),no air flow meter, Autronic stand alone engine managment, MSD ignition. The exhaust was not the finest piece of engineering , it used a 2 into 1 cat as a collector so its prob giving away some power there. Schnitzer advertised the engine kit at 275 bhp which is right in line with what i was seeing at the wheels. Very fun car to drive, i'm going jail kind of fun.
        Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Awesome! I love how the sheet says "1991 318is"!

I would show it to people and be like....yeahhh.....
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Thanks for the info! A quick google shows very little info on the web. Was the header for an E34 or something else?
            1973 Bavaria

Comment

Header was for E28. The PO installed the motor and it was pretty far forward so im not sure they would fit in any M30 E30.
              Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Sorry for the shitty quality of this, but its best i could do. AC Schnitzer S5 3.7 Engine Kit

Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

That is pretty cool, thanks for posting the picture. So the car was a lot of fun? I'm really looking forward to finally getting mine swapped over, this is great motivation.
                  1973 Bavaria

Comment

Aww, no videos?

Comment

SOOO much fun, i just have too many projects and was caught in a weak moment. The car needed more rubber, it had 205/50/15s on it with a 3.25 lsd rearend. In the dry in a straight line, first gear was useless. Instant wheelspin. 2nd would hook 90% of the time depending on the road surface. Lots of squirming/slithering usually.2nd gear in a corner , instant wheel spin. 3rd gear is EPIC. In the wet it was comical 1st and 2nd useless, 3rd would spin in roll-on @ over 100mph. Had it break loose in 4th changing lanes in the wet @80+. So much fun im building up a burly M30 to put in my '68 1600. Im hoping it will weigh 500 or more less lbs than the E30.
                      Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                        SOOO much fun,
                        I've been walking around with a stupid grin on my face all evening, thanks to that!
                        1973 Bavaria

Comment

Nice numbers! Deff need wider tires etc use all that torque/hp!
                          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I wish i had a s38b38 crank!!
                            3.7 liter sounds so nice.

1986 335is-1988 335ist -1991 335istsigpic

Comment

DO WANT! Fantastic looking graph.

Comment

Working...
                              X