The size of a roman legion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The size of a roman legion...

...is absolutely massive. It's somewhat hard to visualize, so a museum in Germany helpfully put together a Playmobil legion.

Fuck.

i would not want to fuck with them...tear your shit up!

Comment

now think, twelve thousand legions

hahaha
      -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
      -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
      MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
      Got Drop?? ;-)
      Originally posted by JinormusJ
      But of course
      E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Higher up officers even have the perpendicular mohawks.

Thats pretty cool.

Comment

Yeah, Playmobil makes the best historical gubbins. They're not as wide in range as Lego, though, which is unfortunate.

Comment

Roman Legions were all the Elite Infantry and all roman citizens, a legion was about 6k men. Also as a general rule there were just as many auxiliaries, or fighters from roman conquests fighting for the banner of rome as there were legionnaire's

Augustus had a peak of like 52 legions and latter trimmed that to 28 (plus auxiliaries) after the civil wars
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-14-2011, 09:38 PM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I need to read up on Roman history

Comment

Too bad he didn't use Legos. He would have been able to get them all in one shot.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Now....imagine if each one of those guys were in an e30....
                  1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Now do a claymation style marching video and send it to me when you finish the first minute... in a year or so.

Comment

^ lol.
                      From The Land Of Sky Blue Waters.

Originally posted by lambo
                      Fuck studying. Party hard.

Comment

thats nothing.... one time at the DMV.......
                        ]

Comment

Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_ View Post
                          thats nothing.... one time at the DMV.......

Mexicans were not Romans.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

How does 20,000 legions under the sea look?

www.flickr.com/nickmosca

Comment

Originally posted by NickMosca View Post
                              How does 20,000 legions under the sea look?

Comment

Working...
                              X