1992 318ic MA $3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 318ic MA $3000

Nice Mauritiusblau Metallic plastic-bumper car car that needs just a little bit more to finish. The motor needs to be pulled in order to determine cause of knocking. I replaced the oil pan and rod bearings while in the car, but the knock is still there........I believe it is also clutch related, as the noise changes pitch when the clutch is depressed/released. The front valence is a little bashed in and the bumper cover cracked. The top is in beautiful shape but the rear window needs to be stitched back in.

I did a bunch of fixes to the car, mess under the intake cleanup, electric fan conversion, AC delete, water pump, rebuilt oil filter housing, timing chain tensioner, valve cover gaskets, t-stat, detailed everything before putting it back together. Also installed polyurethane M3 offset control arm bushings, two sway bar end links, one control arm and one tie rod end. Comes with Eibach Pro street suspension, Tokiko struts/shocks, two sets of wheels tires, the bottlecaps w/winter tires shown, and 17-inch Motegis.

$2000 OBO
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jeff_b; 09-18-2011, 02:59 AM. Reason: price reduced
    "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."
    -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Engine:
    Attached Files
    "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."
    -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Interior: 7/8 of 10. Velour Natur sport interior, one small cigarette burn on driver's seat. Driver's seat also needs replacement rear panel, as the mounting tab mount(?) tore off the cardboard and was lost. Beautiful dashboard, 6-button time/temp works pissah. Nice older Alpine head unit with Polk Audio and Boston Acoustics speakers. Wired for sub and amp in the trunk, but not installed.
      Attached Files
      -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

How it looks with the 17-inch Motegis. Not my choice, they came with the car. I also put a semi-gloss is lip on it, new roundels, etc..
        Attached Files
        -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Bump. Lobstah and Sam Adams to the lucky buyer!
          -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Buy this car, get a friggin' free Bruins Stanley Cup Championship stickah!
            -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Four-day Bump.
              -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Intake Valves #1
                Attached Files
                -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Mess Under the Intake cleanup technique with new temp sender, water pipe and o'ring. Being a cheap bastard, I reworked the original hose for the parts. I scrounged the two Nylon pipe plugs from work.
                  Attached Files
                  -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Picture of the block showing the oil filter housing mounting location with new oil pressure valve and water pipe in place.
                    Attached Files
                    -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Rebuilt oil filter housing with all new o'rings, gaskets, and filter. (pre-torquing)
                      Attached Files
                      -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Upper Intake and Oil Filter Housing pre-installation...
                        Attached Files
                        -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Engine all put back together. The electric fan conversion I did has the A/C AUX fan pushing from it's original location, a new 80/88 C degree radiator temp switch, and requires keeping the A/C button on. It works pissah! I have pics of the cam gears and other stuff to help show the condition of the car if anyone wants to see them...buy this car!Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1220small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	7135081
                          Attached Files
                          -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Are these pictures are of what you had previously done to the car? Is the knocking sound still occurring? Thanks
                            Originally posted by BAlbertiX
                            your my boy blue!

Comment

Yes, I did the work shown. The knocking is still there, and I regret not pulling the effing motor and trans from the start, but I have limited resources.
                              -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Working...
                              X