Upgrading to Parallel Flow Condenser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevermind, same part# W0133-1605613 for 318 and 325

Last edited by rcfanatic; 04-03-2012, 12:50 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for clearing up the one at rockauto.
      Last edited by glucklich21; 04-03-2012, 01:13 PM. Reason: Because ninja post

Comment

Another FYI...

Already got my part from partsgeek (they are located in FL) and they sent the APDI serpentine one. May have been a one-time mistake but this website has it for 6 dollars cheaper anyway and may be less risk...

sigpic

Comment

Yeah mine came in today as well with the samething. I'm giving them a call in a little bit.

I did call the place I got my old one from to ask him why it went up $100. He said cost of manufacturing went up. BS.

Since I know the dims of the unit itself and I have a spare mounting bracket sitting around, I may just order a generic one.
          Last edited by glucklich21; 04-04-2012, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Found another one. I left a message to confirm that it was a PF. I looked on this site before, but couldn't find it the first time around. Lots of googling finally yielded it.

Comment

When I ordered the ADPI I ended up with a parallel flow, go figure. I spent $1200 on parts and tools to do my A/C last summer. Would do it again. Replaced o-rings, rebuilt compressor, new drier, condenser, evaporator and expansion valve and converted to R134a. I thought it was easier to do than the timing belt.
              My Transaction Feedback

Comment

$1200? I spent $385 on compressor, condenser, evaporator, exp valve, and drier. Just need to get o rings, refrigerant, oil, comp bracket, and have some pipes fitted to the compressor
                sigpic

Comment

I didn't mention all the little things that added up including vacuum pump, manifold guage, pressure switch, refrigerant, oil, cleaning solvents, r134 fittings, other miscellaneous tools that I needed for other things. was your compressor rebuilt? I ended up going that route.
                  My Transaction Feedback

Comment

got my a/c temp down to 42-45 driving/idle degree today!! got rid of 16spal pusher fan on condenser and use oem e36 radiator electric fan.

my previous set was only 16inch spal pusher fan on condenser getting 50-55 degree driving/idle.

Comment

What was the CFM rating on your old spal?

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
                        What was the CFM rating on your old spal?
                        2000 or 1800,is the slim/curve fin type. with e36 radiator fan i can feel alot of air sucking in front.

think I can get it down to 40 if i fix my sliding climate control.

Comment

My 14" curved fan pushes out 2400 CFMs and the coldest I saw was 38 degrees @ 85 on the highway (M42 @4k). 44-54 was my normal unless idling then it would hit 58 because I had an old compressor.

Comment

The new one I ordered is in fact a parallel flow condenser!

It's made by American Condensers in Cali. http://www.americancondenser.com/cat...990&model=325I

Comment

Awesome.. I got my second one today and it was the same serpentine style from APDI (again).... Glad you finally found someone who sells the right one. I'll have to check them out tomorrow
                              sigpic

Comment

americancondenser.com tells me they can only sell to businesses. They suggested usautoparts.net and ac-condensers.com. Did you use either of those?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X